Captain Captain
Captain

10.22 to 2020.05

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I  have 10.22 and 2020.05 latest version. I want  to migrate data and configuration from old system to new setup. What kind of configuration/data cannot be migrated using standard methods.

For example, Iam considering multiple UCMDB integration concept for CI and attribute data migration. History data cannot be migrated using this method. So, I think this is a loss of data.

Packaging can be used for configuration migration. What configuration cannot be packaged or migrated from old system and any solution for this kind of issues. let me know if any best practices..

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

you can't migrate:

• history
  • scheduler configuration
  • discovery configuration
  • integration points
  • certain URM resources like Perspectives
  • certain discovery scripts customization

Just to name a few that I encountered over time.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

you can't migrate:

• history
  • scheduler configuration
  • discovery configuration
  • integration points
  • certain URM resources like Perspectives
  • certain discovery scripts customization

Just to name a few that I encountered over time.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

View solution in original post

Captain Captain
Captain

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. Any workaround/solution for any of  the above configurations?

Regards

Bhaskar Badam

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Some customers cloned the DB and with a few tweaks it can be tied to a new UCMDB which is upgraded to the new version.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.