Commodore
Commodore

CI Types Defined

Hi

I am trying to put together a glossery of CI types and their definition. for example

Containment = Represents CIs that are contained within another CI

Most of the CIs in CMDB have a blank description field and I have been unable to find a document that explains the diffent types of releationship and CI types.

Has anyone come across a document like this or produced one of their own? 

Thanks
Adam

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Is that you are looking for document which contains the our CIT datamodel.

There is a document comes along with the ucmdb installation. Did you crossverify on that ?

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hi

I have checked all available uCMDB documentation for this information. There is some but nothing that details each type.

Specifically I am looking for definitions of the relationship types such as containment/composition/usage etc.

I have gained some ideas from non HP sources but was looking for an HP guide.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Adam,

you can write a simple java program and get this information from the ucmdb API. Let me know if you need an example

thanks

Umer 

HP Software values your thoughts and ideas regarding your overall Software Support experiences. Please contact us at software.satisfaction@hp.com to share your comments or contact my manager directly at zubin.ghai@hp.com
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hi

Yes if you could provide an example that would be very userful.

I am not sure how much of the detail is contained in the API so would be very interested to see.

Thanks
Adam

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Here is how you can get the description for all the classes in uCMDB:

>>>>>>>>>>>>

UcmdbServiceProvider provider = UcmdbServiceFactory.getServiceProvider(protocol,hostName, port); 

Credentials credentials = provider.createCredentials(userName, passwd);

ClientContext clientContext = provider.createClientContext("Example");

UcmdbService ucmdbService = provider.connect(credentials, clientContext));

ClassModelService classModelService = ucmdbService.getClassModelService();

Collection<ClassDefinition> cDef = classModelService.getAllClasses();

for(ClassDefinition def : cDef)

{

classDesc = def.getDescription();

System.out.println("- "+def.getDisplayName()+" -> "+classDesc);

}

<<<<<<<<<<<<

Please mark it solved if this solves your issue

thanks

Regards,

Umer

HP Software values your thoughts and ideas regarding your overall Software Support experiences. Please contact us at software.satisfaction@hp.com to share your comments or contact my manager directly at zubin.ghai@hp.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.