Join us at the CMS Virtual Customer Forum December 9th
Please join us at the CMS Virtual Customer Forum December 9, 2020 | 7:30 a.m. PDT | 4:30 p.m. CEST
Highlighted

Database UCMDB

Tell me, is there a table in the database ucmdb that stores information on already deleted CI?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

No.
many users would like to have a form of Recycle Bin for CIs but we don't have anything like that.
Partially we can see the deleted CIs in the server logs (if they aren't overwritten) and maybe in Reconciliation analyzer.
Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

A usefull option would be able to see in the history of a CI the delation of a related CI not only for the childreen.

For exemple, be able to see on a CI Type "Node" history the adding or delationing of a BusinessApplication link

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain Captain
Captain

Hi Aleksandr,

There is a way you can see removed ci's in UCMDB admin-ui console.

Go to reports-->Custom Reports-->Administration-->Auditing Report  and enter the details. Change type should be delete.

Please find attached screenshot for reference. 

In UCMDB Database, This data is queried from History tables.  History tables in DB naming starts with HDM*.

This data contains only global id and no other information is available.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards

Bhaskar Badam

Highlighted

Thank you very much. Your recommendations helped me a lot.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.