Join us at the CMS Virtual Customer Forum December 9th
Please join us at the CMS Virtual Customer Forum December 9, 2020 | 7:30 a.m. PDT | 4:30 p.m. CEST
Highlighted

Generic Database Adapter Reconciliation

Hi Experts,

We have a custom Generic Database Adapter configured to import the CI's from an External Datasource. It works fine by importing. But we would like to set Reconciliation of the Node CI with the Global ID or the CMDBID. Is this possible?

If yes, Can somesome share the steps on how to achive that.

Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Dear Jimmy,

Changing of reconciliation rule for the node for anything  (including the identification on specific attribute) is possible from the technical point of view. It's also supportable action. Testing of correctnes of identification will be on the customer side in this case.

Important thing that needs to be considered, the fact that it's possible only in case that OOTB discovery will not be performed on the system.

I'm not suggesting changing of identification (reconciliation) rule for such important CIT as Node.

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Dima,

Thanks for replying.

Can we bypass the Reconciliation rules, if we have the CMDBid maintained on the external DB. So that it know which needs to be updated. 

I'm not going to make any changes on the Identification rule's. I just wanted to check if there is anything that can be done on the GDBA adapter side to reconcile with the CMDB ID/GLOBAL ID. 

Thanks,

Jimmy 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello,

We are using Generic DB Adapter to update few attributes of "node" CIT from an External DB. The problems we are facing here is, we don't have enough reconciliation data on the external DB to fill in the UCMDB's Identification rules, but we do maintain the GLOBAL ID's of each CI on the external DB. We would like to know if there is any way that the Generic DB Adapter works with the ID Reconciliation. So that, it works on updating the node CIT with ID reconcilliation by ignoring the Identification rules. 

I hope the Reconciliation is supported with GLOBAL ID, So can someone point me the direction with a small example.

Thanks in Advance,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

You might have a look at the reconciliation prioritization (running 10.11: Admin GUI discovery/integration section->Reconciliation Priority feature). It allows you to give values of certain attributes of integrated CIs priority over out of the box reconciliation. Otherwise you could do it the "CS" way and keep total control by pulling your external data source using  a discovery pattern, match up CI's yourself and update only the CI's you want. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks a lot  Rutger. It sorted out my issue.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.