Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Training Material Or Books recommendations

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any Books or Training material for uCMDB, Configuration Management ?

im have mid level understanding of IT Asset Management but looking towards trying to become a Configuration Manager on uCMDB within my organization.

I know there is course called ucmdb essentials that is often offered but could not find any documents or materials for it. If anyone has any materials for the essentials course or knows where I can purchase without going on the course let me know.

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I'd recommend you get your hands on a copy of uCMDB, it includes a lot of PDFs which are quite educational. Also I'd get the CMS Best Practices library from LiveNet. I don't know whether it's possible to purchase the course materials without buying the educational experience at the same time. Of course you could register for a training, pick up the materials and then don't attend the sessions. No, I think you'll have to look in different places for your skills improvement. Such as this board, as said the HP LiveNet forums, plus various forums on LinkedIn and the rest of the web. Or else get someone to give you a training 1 on 1. Do you at least have a uCMDB sandbox to play with?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the advice.

Yes I do have a uCMDB sandbox to try things out on.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Anybody have a working link to download the CMS best practice and any other usefull documents ?

I tried to go into Livenet but the link I found for v2a seemed to be broken

Thanks

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

https://hpln.hp.com/node/25/contentfiles 

Select the second link. First one is obsolete.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.