Captain
Captain

UCMDB 9 High Availability Not working

Hi

I just installed UCMDB 9.0 after uninstalling CMDB 8. I used BAC 8 schemas as per upgrade procedure.

Everything was working fine in both server. Status was good. i was able to login into CMDB in both servers.

All went down, as i created cluster as per below steps:

"

Run the first server. Open the Server Management Tool, located at: \UCMDBServer\tools\server_management.bat. For the server name, enter localhost or the name of the server. Enter the user name and password of system user (default is  sysadmin/sysadmin). The connection from the tool to the HP Universal CMDB server is done via HTTPS. If there is a problem with the connection, make sure that SSL mode is configured ( Enable HTTPS connections should be set to true). In the Server Management Tool, select the Clusters tab. Click the asterisk button to create a new cluster. On the right side of the opened window, add the machine names of all the servers you installed. Set one of them to be active.

"

Now i have tried to start cluser from the same wizard(server management). but it is not coming UP.

Could you please guide me, what to do to make it up.

Regards,

Rahul

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

0 Likes
1 Reply
Captain
Captain

Hi.

I just put host name only, not FQDN while making cluster. It seems working. But when i checked another server. UCMDB service is not running and cluster staus also not started in another server. But it is taking cluster confuguration automatically, i mean active and other.

After that i spent lot of time and found that whichever server is set to active, UCMDB service is running fine and cluster status is also good.

UCMDB is not running in another server (which is not set to active).

any idea to reolve this issue.......

Regards,

Rahul

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.