Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UCMDB custom reporting

Hi all

I'm exploring the possibility of using a custom report to extract information from UCMDB butI am unsure of which table to query for the relationship. I'm trying to create a host resources report, which would include the host, CPU, memory and filesystem.

I assumed this would be based on the CMDB_ID column in each table, but I haven't been able to locate anything that links the IDs together. Any ideas?

Thanks

Ang

0 Likes
7 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

The uCMDB database is a bit hard to data mine.

The uCMDB GUI offers extensive reporting features.

Wouldn't it make sense to make use of those?

Further, there's a custom reporting Jython package which you can use.

Check out the Live Net for that.

Cheers,

Rutger

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Rutger

Thanks for replying so quickly 🙂

I'm stuck with uCMDB 8 with CP8 at the moment, so I'm not sure if the package is a viable option.

Well the reason I'm looking into this is because the report layout doesn't suit my use. I'd like to have all that information in a single row for each host, but if I were to build a host resource TQL, it generates a report with multiple rows, which looks really messy especially when you have multiple CPUs and filesystems. Unless I'm doing it the wrong way, in which case feel free to correct me.

Any suggestions would be most welcome

Thanks

Ang

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

Any luck with getting this report generated from the DB directly? I have a similar requirement, would appreciate your help here.

Did you generate this report from the GUI instead? Which report did you use?

Thanks,

SS

0 Likes
Absent Member..

It's certainly not easy! I managed to get Host, CPU, Memory and IP to display, but joining all of them together isn't going so well. Still trying to figure out the Applications, zero progress on that.

Maybe someone can expand further on this. Unless I'm going about this the wrong way...

Select * from CDM_HOST_1, CDM_LINK_1, CDM_CPU_1
Where CDM_HOST_1.CMDB_ID = CDM_LINK_1.END1_ID And CDM_CPU_1.CMDB_ID = CDM_LINK_1.END2_ID

I'm using Crystal Report at the moment because the report from UCMDB GUI looks good in the browser, but exporting to Excel is pretty messy for me.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks for such a quick reply.

Another question related to the report from GUI:

From the GUI when you export a report from the browser to an excel sheet, it only exports the current visible page of the report to the sheet? That's what happens when I try to export that report.

Is there a way I can export that entire report (about 10000 results but only 1 is shown on a single page) to a single excel sheet with a single export click?

Cheers,

SS

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Can't help you on that, sorry. I had no issues exporting to Excel, but I get the same thing as you when exporting to PDF. Then again, I was exporting host resources report, and I have only about 100+ servers. I did run into a problem exporting software report though, 60k+ records, and I couldn't export it at all.

BTW, does anyone know where the software installed date is? Can't find it in the software table 😞

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Well, if the Jython reporting package won't work (I feel your pain on version 8.x....), you could use the Java API and write the code yourself.  The developers reference isn't too bad for a place to start, and there should be methods to pull whatever attribute you want by CI type.  

Plus, if you write the code, you have complete control over the output format, which is nice (I remember how painful it was trying to export to Excel in version 8...)

-MIke

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.