Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

from pattern based model to view

Hi,

I don't understand how to build a view from a pattern based model.

To build a pattern based model I follow steps described in the manual:

1 Define the New Model
You define a new pattern-based model using the Pattern-based Model
wizard. Click the New button and select Pattern Based Model.

2 Enter the Model Details

On the first wizard page, select New Model. Then select a CI type for the
model and enter the properties. For details, see "Select CI Type Page" on
page 363.
3 Select a TQL Query
On the next wizard page, select a TQL query for the model. You can create
a new TQL query or select an existing query from the tree. The TQL Query
Editor opens with the selected query. For details, see "Query Selection
Page" on page 364.
4 Add Query Nodes and Relationships to a TQL Query
Add the query nodes and relationships that define the query. For details
on how to add query nodes and relationships to a TQL query, see "Add
Query Nodes and Relationships to a TQL Query" on page 33.
5 Set Output Query Nodes
Select one or more query nodes in the TQL query to serve as output for
the model by right-clicking them and selecting Add to Model Output.
The query node is indicated by a small icon next to it.
6 Save the Model
When you are finished, save the model with a unique name. If you
created a new TQL query, the query is also saved independently of the
model and can be re-used as a regular TQL query.

After that, opening the model, I should be able to generate a view for selected model from the model editor but is impossible because the open model command open  the query definition instead of model editor.

Am I missing something?

I'm using UCMDB 9.05

Please see the attached screenshot.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

In general, to build views it's easiest to use the button at the top called "Generate View for selected model".  This will apply a perspective (you can use the out of the box ones or create one on your own) and then you can save the new, perspective based view.

That generate view button shows up on instance based models, but not (I don't think) pattern based models.  In general, the steps I follow are:

1. Create a pattern based model to capture the pattern and output the specific CI type(s) you want as part of the application.

2. Create an instance based model that contains one or more of the pattern based models you created in step 1

3.  Create one or more perspective based views, using perspectives and the instance based model from step 2.

-Mike 

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Please be advise that Pattern Based Model (AKA PBM) that you're creating according to the screenshot is a dangerous one.
It will create model including ALL nodes in the system. Please be sure you're adding appropriate conditions to limit PBM size.
The best practice is creating small models representing real applications. In case you want to refer to all Unix boxes for instance please use Pattern Based Views.
Regards,
-Dima
Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.