Join us at the CMS Virtual Customer Forum December 9th
Please join us at the CMS Virtual Customer Forum December 9, 2020 | 7:30 a.m. PDT | 4:30 p.m. CEST
Highlighted

uCMDB Browser 4.01.87 Installation not connecting with uCMDB 10.20

Installed uCMDB Browser and getting an error when connecting to uCMDB server:  unable to connect to UCMDB server.  The log files previously showed that the error was coming from the wrong integration user credentials.  I created the credentials.txt file to update the credentials.bin file and that error has been replaced with the following error message:

Unknown error on UCMDB connection for connection: server: myucmdbserver, customer: N/A
java.lang.NullPointerException (I replaced my server name with myucmdbserver).

I'm not sure what to do now.  Any suggestions from anybody that's successfully installed the browser. 

14 Replies
Highlighted

I'm seeing this error also:

Fail during login
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ucmdb connection is not initialized

Maybe this might indicate where the problem lies...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Sharon,

The integration user you set in the <Browser Install DIR>/conf/credentials.txt file has to be the super integration user

In the JMX Console, go to UCMDB-UI:name=UCMDB Integration and use setCMDBSuperIntegrationUser to set the super integration user.

Once that is set, verify that <Browser Install DIR>/conf/credentials.txt no longer exists after starting up Browser and that <Browser Install DIR>/conf/credentials.bin is updated.

Feel free to reach out,

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral

Sharon,

There are known issues with Browser 4.01 like the inability to submit credentials on the login screen

If you are seeing this issue,  Browser 4.00 is stable and Browser 4.02 addresses this issue.

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks for the responses.  Since this was in my test environment, I reinstalled uCMDB 10.20 and the browser is installed as part of that installation.  I was able to get uCMDB Browser to work without any issues.  I must have messed up the OOB installation when I installed the browser separately.  What's a little strange is that the documentation doesn't mention anything about the browser being installed as part of uCMDB 10.20 (or I missed reading that).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

I am having the same issue, but only on Windows 2012 R2.

The same setup works fine on Windwos 2008 R2.

I removed version 4.02 and installed 4.00 but the error is still the same:

2015-08-11 14:49:22,980 ERROR [pool-1-thread-1] UcmdbConnectionImpl - Unknown error on UCMDB connection for connection: server: myIP, customer: N/A
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.hp.ucmdb_browser.tomcat_config.persistence.files.AbstractUserCredetialsFile.extractBeanFromProperties(AbstractUserCredetialsFile.java:28)
at com.hp.ucmdb_browser.tomcat_config.persistence.files.AbstractUserCredetialsFile.extractBeanFromProperties(AbstractUserCredetialsFile.java:13)
at com.hp.ucmdb_browser.tomcat_config.persistence.files.PropertiesBasedPersistentFile.read(PropertiesBasedPersistentFile.java:26)
at com.hp.ucmdb_browser.tomcat_config.persistence.files.SuperIntegrationUserFile.getFilePath(SuperIntegrationUserFile.java:25)
at com.hp.ucmdb_browser.tomcat_config.fileutils.PersistenceFilesUtils.load(PersistenceFilesUtils.java:32)
at com.hp.ucmdb_browser.server.ucmdb_connection.UcmdbConnectionImpl.getCredentials(UcmdbConnectionImpl.java:274)
at com.hp.ucmdb_browser.server.ucmdb_connection.UcmdbConnectionImpl.initialize(UcmdbConnectionImpl.java:144)
at com.hp.ucmdb_browser.server.ucmdb_connection.UcmdbConnectionManager.getUcmdbConnection(UcmdbConnectionManager.java:41)
at com.hp.ucmdb_browser.server.configuration.CustomersRetrieverInitializerBean.retrieveAllConnectionsPerCustomer(CustomersRetrieverInitializerBean.java:103)
at com.hp.ucmdb_browser.server.configuration.CustomersRetrieverInitializerBean.access$000(CustomersRetrieverInitializerBean.java:39)
at com.hp.ucmdb_browser.server.configuration.CustomersRetrieverInitializerBean$1.run(CustomersRetrieverInitializerBean.java:63)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral

Embedded Browsers should not have connection issues so I'm assuming its a separate instance.

There are a few possible reasons:
1. ucmdb_browser_config.xml is not properly configured with UCMDB host name and/or port

2. Super Integration User has been changed from OOTB which is the UISysadmin. UCMDB Browser uses UISysadmin to connect to UCMDB. Set the new Super Integration User with a credentials.txt file in /conf/

3. The password for UISysadmin has changed, set the new password in credentials.txt in /conf/

4. Network rules preventing communication between the Browser and UCMDB server on the required ports

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi Rey

It is not an embedded Browser, it is a stand-alone installation on a seperate server from the UCMDB server.

1. ucmdb_browser_config.xml is configured with the hostname and port, I tried the FQDN and the IP

2. and 3.: The Super Integration User was changed and the username and password was set in the credentials.txt in /conf/

4. There are no network rules preventing communication. There are no firewalls preventing communication, only the Windows firewall, but this has been disabled. I can telnet from the UCMDB Browser server to the UCMDB server on port 8080.

Kind regards

Jacob 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral

Jacob,

1. I would set the Super Integration User again in the JMX to the new Super Integration User you've set.

2. Remake the credentials.txt file again

Frst set the Super Integration User 

This is done in the UCMDB JMX

UCMDB-UI:name=UCMDB Integration

Use the setCMDBSuperIntegrationUser method

enter the username and password and click on Invoke

Then go to your UCMDB Browser server.

Using a text editor like notepad create a credentials.txt file in [Browser]\conf\

the contents of the file is just

user=UISysadmin (or your custom Super Integration User)
password=[password]

Save the file and restart UCMDB Browser
You'll see the credentials.txt file is gone after startup and the credentials.bin is updated

If this doesn't work, are you using HA for UCMDB or Browser?

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Dear all,

we had the same issue upgrading to UCMDB Browser 4.03. Rey Lejano's suggestion solved the issue. Just keep in mind that there are two encryption.bin files, one located to [Browser]\conf\ and another one located to C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\conf. Create the credentials.txt under  [Browser]\conf\ as reported above.

Davide

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Rey.

I am facing the same problem.

My problem however is that the uCMDB Browser is sitting on the same server as the uCMDB server(embedded).

The error I receive on the UI is : Failed to connect to uCMDB server.

What could be the problem? I have tried updating the ucmdb_browser_xml, restarted the uCMDB server, but the same error.

Version of uCMDB Browser is 4.04, uCMDB is 10.22

Regards,

Wynand.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral

If you are using an embedded Browser where the war file sits on the same server as UCMDB then there are different steps involved.

Verify you have the correct ucmdb-browser.war file for embedded Browsers

Stop UCMDB

Backup up the old ucmdb-browser.war file in \hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\deploy\

Move the new ucmdb-browser.war file to \hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\deploy\

If you have any customized images for Browser, back them up

Delete the contents of \hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\runtime\jetty-cache\ucmdb-browser.war\

Start UCMDB

Go to the JMX Console and set or reset the Super Integration User to UISysadmin and its current password

It may take a few minutes for UCMDB Browser to launch

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.