Join us at the CMS Virtual Customer Forum December 9th
Please join us at the CMS Virtual Customer Forum December 9, 2020 | 7:30 a.m. PDT | 4:30 p.m. CEST
Highlighted
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

uCMDB Port Mapping

Hello,

I have a simple question that I think I already know the answer to, but I need it to be confirmed.

Does discovery pick up all TCP relationships out of the box (via active/passive discovery)? Or do uncommon ports need to be defined in the portNumberToPortName.xml file for them to be discovered?

Based on the name of the xml file, and what I've seen in views, the answer I assume is all TCP relationships are discovered - the difference is wether or not they are named. Is this correct?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In fact - it depends on the jobs you run.
Discovery picks up everything, just not everything gets reported into UCMDB.
I would suggest to take a look at the parameters of the jobs you use (Servers/Potential Servers by Network Data, etc.)

Cheers,
Alex
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.