Join us at the CMS Virtual Customer Forum December 9th
Please join us at the CMS Virtual Customer Forum December 9, 2020 | 7:30 a.m. PDT | 4:30 p.m. CEST
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

uCMDB integration with ServiceNow using enhanced generic adapter fails

Good day.

We are having trouble with the uCMDB push to ServiceNow integration, using the enhanced generic adapter.

The integration works perfectly when there's no exsiting CIs, i.e all CIs gets pushed from uCMDB into ServiceNow. The problem occurs when there's an already existing CI in ServiceNow. We receive an error about duplication:

SEVERE *** ERROR *** Exception during batch statement commit to glide:acsaqa_2:acsaqa:jdbc:mysql://db160029.lhr1.service-now.com:3402/, rolling back (all or nothing): Duplicate entry 'CINAME' for key 'cmdb_ci_U1'

The customer are aware of this because they are running a non-duplication script/setting in ServiceNow, to not allow duplicate CIs. This exact error was also prominent in the previous uCMDB-ServiceNow integration adapter, hence the enhanced adapter HP released to address this problem.

I think where the problem is, is that the ServiceNow class model does not get pulled into uCMDB, so that the reconcilliation can take place. This can also be seen with an error message:

"An error occured during the loading of the external class model tree"

Please does anyone know what the problem is, or where we can start looking to resolve this?

uCMDB version 10.30, Content Pack 21

ServiceNow version : Fuji

Thank you.

Regards,

Wynand.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Wynand

Have you tried these steps?

1.Make sure no integration point is created based on this SNOWGenericAdapter.

2.Package Manager->find SNOWGenericAdapter , then undeploy resources.

3.change zip name from SNOWGenericAdapter.zip to ServiceNowGenericAdapter.zip

4.Package Manager, deploy ServiceNowGenericAdapter.zip

5.Restart UCMDB Server.

6.Go to Integration studio, create a integration point based on ServiceNowEnhancedAdapter, you just need input name , no matter this integration point enabled and disabled.So you can disable this integration point at this moment.

7.re-try : go to adapter management > ServiceNowGenericAdapter> Configuration Files then click on any xml file

BR

dong-xu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi there.

I did try these exact steps.

I no longer receive the : "Failed to load external class model" error on any XML, but the push job still does not complete successfully.

I receive this error:

"Query result exceeded size limit.
Please refine your query.
Cause: "Subgraph" node calculation.
Size limit: Error during insert of cmdb_ci_service"

Even when I am only pushing 1 CI of Business Service type. (This CI exists in ServiceNow already)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi

It seems a TQL/DAL "fuse" errors. You may need to check your logs. And try to find out, what's parameter had been exceeded. After that you can try to increase that parameter in JMX or infrastructure settings

Or you can try to adjust the TQL in your integration, add some limitations there to reduce the TQL’s result.  Sometimes even you are trying to push 1 CI, but there may be lots of Cis associate with that one.

That is my thought, hope can help.

BR

Dong-xu

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.