Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
MaxOtto Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Backupreplication

i have a newest Version of VM Explorer and i want to replicate my backups to Tape.

After klick on the Button “Rescan Infrastructure” nothing happens.

Tape Drive: Hewlett Packard LTO Ultrium-5 drive

Can someone help me?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Backupreplication

I assume that your question is regarding a LTO5 standalone drive without robotic control.

From the VM Explorer User Guide, page 37:
At this moment VM Explorer® has been tested and completely supports HPE StoreEver 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader and Dell PowerVault 124T autoloaders, and can also support other tape Libraries/autoloaders/media changer devices with barcode reader and that implement standard API.

That means that standalone drive are currently not supported.

You have two options:

1. Vote that standalone drives are supported in a future version:
   https://trilead.uservoice.com/forums/206865-vm-explorer-features/suggestions/13149450-lto-drive-no-library

2. Buy an entry level Tape Library, for example:
   http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/tape-automation/product-detail.html?oid=3319912#!tab=models

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.