Highlighted
droberts12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cannot change admin password or login - "Database not initialized"

Hi all,

Trying to trial HPE VMX, but after installation I cannot proceed to the web interface at all as I cannot change the admin password or login.  I get the following error:

"Unable to Update Administrator Password: Admin user admin not found: Database not initialized! Please contact your System Administrator."

I understand the above password change is needed before opening the Web UI but this is a complete non-starter!

Are there any logs?

Help would be appreciated so I can trial this product please.  

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Ashok Goyat Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Cannot change admin password or login - "Database not initialized"

Hi,

You can use Legacy Interface from C:\Program Files (x86)\HPE\VM Explorer\VMX.exe and configure VM explorer.

Also from this interface you can try to set the password of web interface.

Go to File Menu -> Settings -> Web Interface. Here you can set the password for the Web Interface.

hope this helps.

Regards

Ashok Goyat

0 Likes
Stephen Aldous Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi, launch the VM Explorer starter application from the desktop (globe icon). The application will have a "Web Settings" link in the bottom-right corner. Click on this to get to the web settings and set the password.

web settings.png

web settings 2.png

-Stephen.
0 Likes
Peter70
New Member.

Hi Stephen, i am also new with VM Explorer. I get the same Message "Database not initialized" after Reboot our Windows 2012 R2 Server. I tried your answer, but it did not work. Do you have another Tip? Peter
0 Likes
Stephen Aldous Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi, please try the following:

• Ensure to have the latest version of VM Explorer installed (v6.2)
  • Stop the service: In the “Services” app in Windows (select HPE VM Explorer and stop the service)
  • Delete the database files: delete all the contents of the folder “C:\ProgramData\Trilead\VMX\DB”
  • Restart the service: In the “Services” app in Windows select (HPE VM Explorer and start the service)

If this does not solve the problem, we will need to see a debug report.

-Stephen.
0 Likes
Peter70
New Member.

Thank you for the quick answer.

These Steps solved the problem.

Only a new admin Passwort must set with VMXStarter.exe.

Peter

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.