Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
jellowood1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HPE Explorer-transfer suspended

Getting error "transfer suspended, resuming in a few seconds"  when backing up any VM on one of my ESXi 5.5 hosts. HPE works on all my other ESXi servers. It will create the snapshot and a create the folder and a few tmp files on my storage device but that's it. This server has worked in the past but with older version of Trilead. Web Interface does the samething. I can see Trilead checked on VM firewall as 62000-65000 both inbound and outbound. I'm sure I'm missing alot more info so feel free to ask.

0 Likes
17 Replies
AtanasD Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HPE Explorer-transfer suspended

Hi, I have the same problem with last version of VM Explorer and ESXi 6.0. Did not find the solution yet.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

to further analyze you issue, we need:

1. A timestamp of when this issue happened the last time
2. Debugs Logs

In case you have a support contract, please log a case or use support@trilead.com to open a case.
In case you do not have a support contract, upload the logs here.

Best Regards,

Michael

0 Likes
jellowood Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

This only happens on my one server and happens everytime. Looking in the log file I noticed error about fragment size too big.

Timestamp is on 5/31/2016 at 3:08pm

Thanks

Jeff

0 Likes
Ordy1
New Member.

I am having the same problem - does anyone have any suggestions why this should happen.  I have used HPE many times in the recent weeks without issue.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes
hartsan
Visitor.

Disabling SSH (and the Trilead service in ports 62000-65000 etc) made my ESXi backups work again after updating to VM Explorer 7..1 with ESXi 6.7 support. That can possibly be used as a workaround until the issue is solved.

0 Likes
BackupAdmin10
New Member.

Hi,

good to head I'm not the only one having this issue. Turning off VMexplorer agend let's me run backups now, but they are _very_ slow and don't support compression. So, it's not really a solution.

I filed a support request and hope they find someting. I have run backups with VMexplorer for years and this is the first serious problem I ran into.

0 Likes
lichtmensch
Frequent Visitor.

any news on that?

0 Likes
TheCrey
New Member.

Hello,

i do have the same issue. 

But it works after a while, somtimes it takes 5 Minutes than it works, sometimes it takes 10 minutes.
If i do multiple replica it looses connection after any step, and then it takes again 5 -15 minutes. 

I am not sure where to start to search for the issue. 

Any help appreciated. 

Regards

Crey 

0 Likes
_Andy_ Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello,

I have the same issue. Is there any solution now? I´d be happy for help!

Thanks

0 Likes
NMiller
New Member.

I am also seeing this problem on 7.1, It continues after a few minutes but it is quite annoying to see.

0 Likes
Felici
New Member.

Also having same problem.   The backup will work, but unusably slow, by disabling the agent.  Verified all server-to-server network connectivity, etc. Files/directories are created on the target, but fail when starting the server to server connection.  This only happens with target being 6.7, but this worked on the previous version of VME.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please open a support case to receive a hotfix.

0 Likes
_Andy_ Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello,

the fix does not work. I already tested.

Best Regards

André
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I have sent the fix to several customers and got positive feedbac.k.
We need to analyze your issue futher in order to understand what it causes.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.