Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Richard1
New Member.

VM Explorer 3PAR snapshot integration supports an all but obsolete 3PAR OS version (3.1.3 only)

Hi, I recently tested VM Explorer, as used on three of my customer sites, with the relatively new StoreServ 3PAR snapshot integration capability, only to be very disappointed that it couldn't use them.  It creates them correctly, but can't map them, so they are then removed, and VMX proceeds with a traditional backup.  The support case went no where as the array is running 3.3.1 and VM Explorer _ONLY_ supports 3.1.3.  Given this archaic and restrictive support, it makes the 3PAR snapshot support statement useless, the 3PAR community is now mostly on 3.2.1, 3.2.2 & 3.3.1, the 3.1.3 release is all but obsolete on EOSL arrays.  Please either qualify a valid current release of the 3PAR OS, or remove your marketing messages around support for 3PAR snapshots.

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: VM Explorer 3PAR snapshot integration supports an all but obsolete 3PAR OS version (3.1.3 only)

Hi @Richard1,

I was surpised to see that, but you're absolutely right. I've created an Idea for up-to-date support. You can vote for it in the Idea Exchange.

VM Explorer requires up-to-date Storage System support
https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Data-Protection-Idea-Exchange/VM-Explorer-requires-up-to-date-Storage-System-support/idi-p/1652380

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: VM Explorer 3PAR snapshot integration supports an all but obsolete 3PAR OS version (3.1.3 only)

Hi @Richard1,

It seems the support matrix is not correct, and needs fixing. 3PAR OS versions up to 3.2.2 are supported. according to the user guide 3PAR OS 3.3.1 is currently certified by MF.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.