Highlighted
dijkmane Absent Member.
Absent Member.

the current license is not valid anymore

all was woking fine with my config.

started with trial version, which ended and i continued the free version. last week i upgraded ( there was a message of new update ) to .HPE VM Explorer® 6.4.001 (64-bit). today i want to backup a ESXi VM, but the task immediatly ends wih message : "the current license is not valid anymore "

now what ?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: the current license is not valid anymore

VM Explorer 6.4.001 has an issue caused by the new Autopass licensing mechanism, that depends on the Windows build.

https://www.trilead.com/download/ now presents version 6.4.002, please update and let us know if this fixes your issue.

0 Likes
dijkmane Absent Member.
Absent Member.

no.

installed new version, get same error again immediatly after starting backup task

0 Likes
dijkmane Absent Member.
Absent Member.

since HPE is pointing me here for support for the free version and i want to continue, in the mean time trying out Vembu Backup.

maybe that product is working without nags ?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

0 Likes
dijkmane Absent Member.
Absent Member.

yes, i see

but : "(requires a support contract )"

which i don't have on the free version.

this is for home/personal use as a hobby, where else to go than here or competitive software which does work ?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

as you can see, the support team is also looking into this forum, not only into the forum for customers with support contracts.
But this is not obligatory for us. Just to be clear and set the right expectations.

Regarding your issue:
With version 6.4.001, a new licensing mechanism has been introduced to adapt the software to HPE´s standards.
It looks like his new licensing mechanism stumbles over your expired trial key that follows the legacy licensing mechanism.

I have done a fresh install of 6.4.002 on a test system and got a 15 day trial phase without entering a trial key and I expect that if falls back to the free version then. This is the way the new mechanism works.

So I suggest that you
1. Uninstall VM Explorer
2. Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\HPE\VM Explorer
3. Delete C:\ProgramData\Trilead
4. Install VM Explorer
5. Re-configure VM Explorer

Best regards,

Michael

0 Likes
dijkmane Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ok, i've followed your steps, with after 3 a reboot.

went through all steps of configuration after the installation of the package.

started new backup ..

2017-04-07 09_02_15-HPE VM Explorer - Internet Explorer.png

this is not the required and wanted result.... 😞

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please add a sceenshot showing "admin" --> "About"

Please add a sceenshot showing "admin" --> "Settings" --> "License Manager"

0 Likes
dijkmane Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i noticed, after my reinstall, here was a message the trial period was over and i am now using free license ( can't remember exact phrase ).

so, i again did above steps, but now also used regedit to search for "trilead" and deleted all that was found.

now, after re insall and reboot, when starting i see : "This trial license can be used for another 15 days."

all configured and backup is running, lets await the 15 days trial period to see what happens..

2017-04-07 14_03_26-HPE VM Explorer - Internet Explorer.png

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.