Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
cesmad Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Accessory panel on Landing page

Hello,
I can't add Accessory panel on Landing page. Doesn't matter if I edit default Workspace view or create new one. Accessory panel simply doesn't show.
I have just installed new HP2 on Vibe 4 and it doesn't change anything.
0 Likes
4 Replies
pawelnowicki Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Accessory panel on Landing page

Create Team Workrspace, it has Accessory Panel on the bottom of page. You can also add Accessory Panel to any Workspace type you want in Form/View Designer.

regards
Pawel
0 Likes
e-ebell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

pawelnowicki;2400703 wrote:
Create Team Workrspace, it has Accessory Panel on the bottom of page. You can also add Accessory Panel to any Workspace type you want in Form/View Designer.

regards
Pawel

Unfortunately workspace and folder views that were customized are broken under Vibe 4.0. If you're lucky the rendering falls back to the 3.4 JSP rendering but you'll loose all the nice new look and feel that came with 4.0. If you have really bad luck you have lots of customized workspace and folder views and these won't work any more. It depends on the changes you made to the view, e.g. HTML elements are not rendered, tables are ignored, etc.... Novell broke this with 4.0 and it didn't get fixed yet. (no fix with HP1 / HP2)
😞
0 Likes
Highlighted
cesmad Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

pawelnowicki;2400703 wrote:

regards
Pawel

When I add Accessory panel in Form/View Designer, it's have no effect to the view. Accessory panel does not appear on the page.
0 Likes
e-ebell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As I already said before: when you're modifying a workspace or folder view or you're creating a custom ws or folder view most of your adaptions do not have an effect any more.
With 4.0 this generic concept behind Vibe got broken, unfortunately. You cannot add html-elements to your view anymore (yes, you can add them but they're not rendered 😞 ), you cannot layout your custom view with a table design anymore, etc., etc...
Most of the sites we're updating are loosing functionality compared to what we were able to adapt and customize before.
😞
Cheers
Erik
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.