Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Admin cannot login after upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1

Hi All,

I know there have been some other people with issues regarding the Admin password after upgrading, but, this one is different.

I have tried TID 7005393 without any success. I have restored my keystore file without success.

Catalina.out:
2011-11-09 02:41:19,248 WARN [http-8080-2] [org.kablink.teaming.module.authentication.impl.AuthenticationModuleImpl] - Authentication failure for zone 1: org.springframework.security.BadCredentialsException: Bad credentials; nested exception is org.kablink.teaming.security.authentication.PasswordDoesNotMatchException: Password does not match for user [kablink,admin]

Server is Sles10sp4.

I even changed the user name in the mysql database SS_principals table to test, and it doesn't see the change.

In the "sitescape" database; should the ldapGuid be NULL for admin? it isn't for other users.

Thanks,
Brent
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Admin cannot login after upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1

rbalcorn;2152315 wrote:
Hi All,

I know there have been some other people with issues regarding the Admin password after upgrading, but, this one is different.

I have tried TID 7005393 without any success. I have restored my keystore file without success.

Catalina.out:
2011-11-09 02:41:19,248 WARN [http-8080-2] [org.kablink.teaming.module.authentication.impl.AuthenticationModuleImpl] - Authentication failure for zone 1: org.springframework.security.BadCredentialsException: Bad credentials; nested exception is org.kablink.teaming.security.authentication.PasswordDoesNotMatchException: Password does not match for user [kablink,admin]

Server is Sles10sp4.

I even changed the user name in the mysql database SS_principals table to test, and it doesn't see the change.

In the "sitescape" database; should the ldapGuid be NULL for admin? it isn't for other users.

Thanks,
Brent

Hi Brent,

Have not seen this issue.... but I don't understand why you mention the keystore file when mentioning having followed TID 7005393.

Which algorithm is mentioned in ....\webapps\ssf\WEB-INF\classes\config? That should match the key you are replacing as your admin password.

Sorry if I'm misinterpreting.

-Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Willem,

I mentioned the keystore file because there is another thread with a similar issue, and one suggestion was to restore the keystore file from the original Vibe 3.0 system. The ssf-ext.properties says SHA, and I tried the corresponding key before and after restoring the keystore file but it doesn't work. I can log in as a regular user just fine.

Thanks though.
Brent
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was taking a look at the class files and if I change the zone.cfg.xml "admin" user to another user in my edir I can log in with admin credentials. The only difference I can see between the users and the "admin" in the SS_principals table in MySql is the fact there isn't a ldapGuid entry for "admin". I presume this is to force local login? So what settings affects the local login?

Regards,
Brent
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

rbalcorn;2152727 wrote:
I was taking a look at the class files and if I change the zone.cfg.xml "admin" user to another user in my edir I can log in with admin credentials. The only difference I can see between the users and the "admin" in the SS_principals table in MySql is the fact there isn't a ldapGuid entry for "admin". I presume this is to force local login? So what settings affects the local login?

Regards,
Brent

I'm not sure....

What you can do is drop this very question (and your issue) in the Kablink community forums (Vibe OnPrem 3.x > Vibe OnPrem 3.x Installation, Configuration, Customization).

You will need to create an account to post. You'll probably get a better answer as developers tend to drop on and answer questions when they can.

-Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sounds like a good idea.

Thanks,
Brent
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.