Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Certificate expired for Java Object Signing

We are getting a pop-up notice when opening functions on the site that require Java, such as in a workspace when trying to upload a file using "Add File", saying that "The application's digital signature has expired". Looking at the certificate details, the subject of the certificate shows CN="Novell, Inc.", OU=Novell Products Group, OU=Digital ID Class 3 - Java Object Signing, O="Novell, Inc.", L=Provo, ST=Utah, C=US. Issuer of the cert is CN=VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA. Validity shows From: Tue Mar 16 20:00:00 EDT 2010, To: Tue Apr 16 19:59:59 EDT 2013. We are running Vibe Release: Novell Vibe 3.2.0 (Build 2529 / March 28, 2012). Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, has anyone figured out how to update this expired cert?

Thank you,
Ronnie
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

sarnor;2258822 wrote:
We are getting a pop-up notice when opening functions on the site that require Java, such as in a workspace when trying to upload a file using "Add File", saying that "The application's digital signature has expired". Looking at the certificate details, the subject of the certificate shows CN="Novell, Inc.", OU=Novell Products Group, OU=Digital ID Class 3 - Java Object Signing, O="Novell, Inc.", L=Provo, ST=Utah, C=US. Issuer of the cert is CN=VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA. Validity shows From: Tue Mar 16 20:00:00 EDT 2010, To: Tue Apr 16 19:59:59 EDT 2013. We are running Vibe Release: Novell Vibe 3.2.0 (Build 2529 / March 28, 2012). Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, has anyone figured out how to update this expired cert?

Thank you,
Ronnie

I can also confirm this with 3.3.. I will report it to Novell.

Thanks,

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On 4/18/2013 8:46 AM, thsundel wrote:
>
> sarnor;2258822 Wrote:
>> We are getting a pop-up notice when opening functions on the site that
>> require Java, such as in a workspace when trying to upload a file using
>> "Add File", saying that "The application's digital signature has
>> expired". Looking at the certificate details, the subject of the
>> certificate shows CN="Novell, Inc.", OU=Novell Products Group,
>> OU=Digital ID Class 3 - Java Object Signing, O="Novell, Inc.", L=Provo,
>> ST=Utah, C=US. Issuer of the cert is CN=VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing
>> 2009-2 CA. Validity shows From: Tue Mar 16 20:00:00 EDT 2010, To: Tue
>> Apr 16 19:59:59 EDT 2013. We are running Vibe Release: Novell Vibe 3.2.0
>> (Build 2529 / March 28, 2012). Has anyone else encountered this issue?
>> If so, has anyone figured out how to update this expired cert?
>>
>> 4812481348144815
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Ronnie

>
> I can also confirm this.. I will report it to Novell.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thomas
>
>

I have Vibe 3.3.0, Build 2778, May 31, 2012 here with the same
certificate issue.
--
Jason Doering

Address is munged; I already get enough spam.
Remove three nospams to reply.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

We have multiple installations running in our own environment and at customer's site. I can also confirm this for Vibe 3.3, latest version, all patches and FTFs installed.
Cheers
Erik
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.