Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Create folder view with files and tasks

Good day to you,

we want to support our software development procces with Vibe. What we are doing is, we make changes to the source code and protocol corresponding things in certain files.

We think in so called "releases" and every release consists of tasks and a list of changes. This list is held in an excel file, so I would like to create a folder view, which consists of tasks and files.

So far I could create a custom folder view with attachments at the top and a task list at the bottom, based on the task family.

The problem is, the attachment view as a standard folder view does not allow colleborative editing of attached files. You can only view and download attached files, but not open them via Office addin. Therefore you can not lock or version files, which is mandatory for collaborative work.

I would like to mix the file folder view with it's possibilities with a task folder view.

Any ideas?

Warm regards
bitschnau
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Create folder view with files and tasks

There's no out of the box way to achieve what you're looking for.
Two solutions:
1. Your users would need to open the entry first and then click on the "edit this file" link.
2. You could code your own folder view or landing page element and build what you need.
HTH
Cheers
Erik

PS: Feel free to contact me offlist if you need professional support.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.