Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Creating Workspace From Custom Entry

Hi,

Is it possible to create a Custom Entry Definition that will upon submission (i.e. Submit Button) create a new workspace using values entered in the entry form?

So basically I want to create a Form with a Custom Entry Definition in which a user populates a bunch of fields (i.e. Workspace Name).
Then when the Submit button is pressed, a new workspace is created with the Workspace Name being pulled from the Form the user completed etc

If so, can someone please guide me with an example?

Thank you
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Creating Workspace From Custom Entry

swako;2259072 wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to create a Custom Entry Definition that will upon submission (i.e. Submit Button) create a new workspace using values entered in the entry form?

So basically I want to create a Form with a Custom Entry Definition in which a user populates a bunch of fields (i.e. Workspace Name).
Then when the Submit button is pressed, a new workspace is created with the Workspace Name being pulled from the Form the user completed etc

If so, can someone please guide me with an example?

Thank you

There is no out-of-the-box function for what you want to achieve.
But Vibe is a great framework and it provides hooks to do almost whatever you like to do. In your case you could call a custom workflow action (see workflow editor) and implement the desired functionality in a JSP. Inside the JSP you have access to all the values that are entered in your custom fields. You would just have to call the provided methods for creating a workspace and setting all the desired params.
Check out the Novell Vibe developer documentation and have a look at the workflow documentation on how to call a custom workflow action. For coding questions like this one the Kablink-forums ( Kablink Vibe ) are a great resource. It would be a bit of work implementing this but it is possible if you have JSP coding skills.
HTH
Cheers
Erik
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Erik,

Will give it a shot...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

of course it is possible with the external application or api of vibe. you should combine a form with a workflow state. This workflow uses external application (java code) and this can react and generate a new foldder / workspace / entrie, depending on what you need.

If you need further assistance please send an IM.

regards Dirk
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.