mselan Absent Member.
Absent Member.
3562 views

ETA on Office 2016 support

ETA on Office 2016 support ?
Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
15 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ETA on Office 2016 support

mselan,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://www.novell.com/support and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com


0 Likes
ucba Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ETA on Office 2016 support

I would add my weight to this question as well. Getting this right in terms of perception with the stakeholders is paramount. Office 2016 is currently being readied for deployment.
Thanks
Eric.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ETA on Office 2016 support

Hi,

mselan;2410108 wrote:
ETA on Office 2016 support ?
Thanks


I haven't had the chance to test this myself, but I'm curious.... are you looking for official support, or does the add-on (the 1.0.2 version found here: https://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=RvXz8wP7lrc~) simply not work?


Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
ucba Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ETA on Office 2016 support

magic31;2413264 wrote:
Hi,



I haven't had the chance to test this myself, but I'm curious.... are you looking for official support, or does the add-on (the 1.0.2 version found here: https://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=RvXz8wP7lrc~) simply not work?


Cheers,
Willem


Up until now I've been using LibreOffice, but have installed Office 2016 in order to use the Vibe plugin (as it isn't available for LO). The plugin won't even install because it doesn't recognize a valid version of MS Office. The plugin does work with older versions of MSOffice. I have many staff already using it.
Regards
Eric.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ETA on Office 2016 support

ucba;2414263 wrote:
The plugin won't even install because it doesn't recognize a valid version of MS Office.


Ah, yes. You could try editing the VibeAddinSetup.msi with a tool like the Orca MSI editor (the msi can be extracted from the 1.0.2 VibeAddinSetup.exe). Take out the launch restrictions/check for MSOffice and see if the msi will install directly. Don't have the exact steps to do this, but I had to do this with the 1.0 add-in for Office 2013.

Another way could be by opening an SR with Novell and asking for an updated setup.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Contributor.. lis Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: ETA on Office 2016 support

That worked! I used freeware tool "Super Orca" and removed the Office restrictions from the MSI.

The modified MSI now installs and works fine with Word, Excel and PP 2016.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ETA on Office 2016 support

lis;2414315 wrote:
That worked! I used freeware tool "Super Orca" and removed the Office restrictions from the MSI.

The modified MSI now installs and works fine with Word, Excel and PP 2016.


Good to hear that workaround still works with Office 2016. Thanks for feeding that back. 🙂

As added note for others, when installing the MSI directly, make sure the required dot.net version is already installed on the PC.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
mselan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ETA on Office 2016 support

Add-on 1.0.2 refuses to install on Office 2016 (not supported office version).
You can install it on Office 2013, then upgrade to 2016, but i have yet to test if it is functional.



Regs,

Mare







>>> magic31<magic31@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 9.12.15 8:56 >>>








Hi,




mselan;2410108 Wrote:


> ETA on Office 2016 support ?



> Thanks





I haven't had the chance to test this myself, but I'm curious.... are

you looking for official support, or does the add-on (the 1.0.2 version
found here: https://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=RvXz8wP7lrc~)



simply not work?







Cheers,

Willem







--

Knowledge Partner (voluntary sysop)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
magic31's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=2303


View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=494903
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ETA on Office 2016 support

Hi Mare,

mselan;2414469 wrote:
Add-on 1.0.2 refuses to install on Office 2016 (not supported office version).
You can install it on Office 2013, then upgrade to 2016, but i have yet to test if it is functional.


Probably it will work fine. Also see Eric's reply that editing the msi for the Vibe 1.0.2 Add-in will also work.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
e-ebell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ETA on Office 2016 support

I do not have Office 2016 at hand. Can any of you confirm that the new Addin works?
The documentation states that it is supported: https://www.novell.com/documentation/vibe4/vibe4_readme_office1/data/vibe4_readme_office1.html

Cheers
Erik
0 Likes
Bacebawl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ETA on Office 2016 support

How do I find the Vibe Add-in 2.0 .exe? All I keep finding is the old 1.01 or 1.02.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ETA on Office 2016 support

Bacebawl;2431550 wrote:
How do I find the Vibe Add-in 2.0 .exe? All I keep finding is the old 1.01 or 1.02.


Try this: https://download.novell.com/SummaryFree.jsp?buildid=oIDDZWy3JOc~

Thomas
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ETA on Office 2016 support

thsundel;2431571 wrote:
Try this: https://download.novell.com/SummaryFree.jsp?buildid=oIDDZWy3JOc~

Thomas


Correction, it should be this one: http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=Y7JznFoiyLk~

Thomas
0 Likes
Bacebawl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ETA on Office 2016 support

Thank you!!!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.