Highlighted
mschlawin Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Enhanced view landing page element

Hello,

We are running Vibe 3.2 and I'm wondering if someone can help me with a landing page question.

If I create a folder, put some .pdf files in it, and then create an enhanced view element -display sorted list of files, on my landing page, it works exactly like I want it to. Vibe displays a list of all files in the folder, and when a user clicks a file, it displays it very nicely.

However, if I put any .docx files into that same folder, vibe displays the list to my users, but when they click on the file, it tries to open the file instead of just viewing it. I know I can work around this by inserting a link to the document view, but that is extra steps every time you want to add a new file.

Is there a way to have the enhanced view sorted list show a view of a word doc instead of opening it?

Thanks!

Matt
0 Likes
1 Reply
e-ebell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Enhanced view landing page element

Theoretically you could code your own Landing Page element or a custom JSP, using the Enhanced View element you were talking about as a template. But this might not be the answer you were hoping to get ... 😉
This might be worth an Enhancement Request, we had a customer asking us about an easy way to achieve something similar, too.
Unfortunately there is no out of the box way to achieve this, as far as I know.

Regards
Erik
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.