VibeOnPrem 3 Install guide says:
Office applications:
* Linux: OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 or later
* Windows: Microsoft Office 2007 or later; OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 or later
* Mac: OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 or later

Admin Guide says:
14.2 Changing Global File Associations for Edit
in Place Applications
When calling applications with the Edit in Place feature, Novell Vibe uses standard file associations.
If your organization uses different file associations, you can reconfigure Vibe to use the preferred
file associations.

So... for a site that doesn't use MS Office or OpenOffice, it would seem to be possible to change the association for opening .txt docs from 'winword' to 'notepad'. But more importantly, is it possible (and better yet, supported) to add an association for WPD so that WordPerfect documents can be edited in place ?
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
MStatman Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: File types for Edit in Place

Ok, so getting the product installed to test... found in /opt/novell/teaming/apache-tomcat/webapps/ssf/WEB-INF/classes/config/ssf.properties :
#  Notepad and Wordpad are not implemented to work with WebDAV. Use Winword instead for text files

so that answers the first part of my question, but anyone else out there using WordPerfect?
0 Likes
ulerius Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hello mstatman,

on the right upper corner, select "personal preferences" -> "define editor overrides" and there, add the file extensions you want to edit an link it with the wordperfect .exe files. e.g. qpw15.exe für excel sheets or wpwin15.exe for words documents. i tested it with a wordperfect x5 trial version and it worked fine.

greetings

iTEC Services GmbH
0 Likes
datakey Absent Member.
Absent Member.

uLerius,

Did I hear you correctly? You used WordPerfect with Vibe onPrem successfully? So, WordPerfect X5 is a working Webdav client?

Please advise.

TIA,
Dan
ulerius;2078774 wrote:
hello mstatman,

on the right upper corner, select "personal preferences" -> "define editor overrides" and there, add the file extensions you want to edit an link it with the wordperfect .exe files. e.g. qpw15.exe für excel sheets or wpwin15.exe for words documents. i tested it with a wordperfect x5 trial version and it worked fine.

greetings
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.