Highlighted
jcrawfor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How do I execute a PHP script on a remote server?

I have a PHP script that sends a confirmation email to guest users that fill out one of my forms. The script runs fine when I test it, but when it is called from a custom JSP, Vibe blocks it from running. I understand that what I want to do is to most likely to use a remote application, but I don't want to send data back and forth and all the examples use java servlets, I just simply want to run my script without Vibe blocking it. Is there a easier way to do this? or can someone point me in the right direction?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
pawelnowicki Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How do I execute a PHP script on a remote server?

Vibe is not configured to run PHP scripts so you cannot run your script from custom jsp.
You have already PHP script running on the server and running it as remote application is realy easy. All you have to do is to get request paramater in PHP script, register remote application in Vibe and in some point call remote application (you can do it also from custom jsp).

Regards
Pawel
0 Likes
jcrawfor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I guess my next question is where do I put the script? Do I install apache on the vibe server and make it available through PHP?

0 Likes
Absent Member.

The PHP script you need to put on the PHP-able web server (Apache, IIS, ...). The web server (apache, IIS) can you install where ever you want - it can be the Vibe machine, it can be the other one. The only requirement is that Vibe server must be able to send HTTP request to this machine.

regards
Pawel
0 Likes
jcrawfor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok, also, how do i go about registering the PHP remote app in vibe? all the examples are for java servlets sending information back and forth. All I need is the script to pull the name and email from the form when a user submits a entry and then execute.

thanks for the help

0 Likes
Absent Member.

I'll try to post some small PHP example after my vacation.

Other idea: do you need PHP script at all? You can send emails direct from Vibe: as folder notification or as workflow notification.

Regards
Pawel
0 Likes
jcrawfor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The notifications need to be sent to guest users. I tried a few ways to try to get it to work through workflow and folder but I had no luck.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.