czalvel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to create new Default File Folder View Definition

Is it possible to create own Default Definition View? In my case File Folder Definition View without tool for direct Adding files.
Direct adding file ignore my personal File Entry Form. Solution could be to make "Add files" invisible. But in own Definition with not affect the Default.

Thanks for answear or tips for solution.

Jakub Simsik
Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
e-ebell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to create new Default File Folder View Definition

The solution is easy and straight forward. Vibe is powerful and provides everything you're looking for.
Just create a customer folder view, e.g. by copying the standard file folder view and then untick the "Create a File Entry on file drag/drop" checkbox under the file folder view definition main properties.
As far as I see it right now this should be what you're looking.
HTH
Cheers

Erik
0 Likes
czalvel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for answear. I found the checkbox and did it as you wrote, but on the view of menu "Add files" it has not effect. "Add files" is still there and works.
Is there any other trick how to activate this choose? Is it working in your system?
THANKS, Jakub
0 Likes
chartvig Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Jakub
We have discussed your question, but need some more information about why you want to have the Add files button invisibel in the file folder view definition.

1. is it because you have some additional requered fields in your file entry definition ?
2. is it bacause you want a workflow to trigger on an entry created by via the Add files button /drag and drop files ?

Regards

Claus
0 Likes
czalvel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Claus
thanks for your time and discussion. 1. is the reason.
I have Folder for documents approving with my own Entry Form Definition (requered Approvers, ...) and Wokflow Process (rights for Approvers to approved/deny, notifications to Approvers, ...).
Add files button doesn't use my fields and connected workflow.

Thanks,

Jakub
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.