Highlighted
lJack Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Initialize a HTML Editor Text Area in an Entry Form

Hi,

I've created an Entry Form with an HTML Editor Text Area in an custom folder. Now I want to initialize this text area. If somone wants to fill in some data in a new Form, there should be a table in this HTML Editor Text Area so he/she must not create one on her own.
I know it is not so much work and it is also very easy to create such a table, but this form should accelerate the process of creating a protocol. (Same protocol-structure every time) So I want the user to just fill in data and not to build up a structure.

So how can I manage it that there is always a table in the HTML Editor Text Area wenn I open a new entry form?
0 Likes
6 Replies
dangross Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Initialize a HTML Editor Text Area in an Entry Form

Using jsp, you can just set the initial value of the HTML Editor Text Area equal to your table structure (<table><tr>...etc.) when the form is forst opened. On subsequent opening of the form, just take the value from the database using the normal method ("${ssDefinitionEntry.customAttributes['fieldname'].value.text}"), which will include the table and the values entered by the user.
0 Likes
lJack Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you dangross! I'm going to try it right now.
0 Likes
lJack Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

because of some problems with the access to the JSP-folder I couldn't try it until now.
The Problem now is: If I specify the JSP-File in the properties of the HTML-Editor, the table replaces the Editor. So I'm not able to fill some data into the table...
Where is my fault?

Greetings lJack
0 Likes
dangross Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What I was referring to was...in the forms designer, choose a Custom JSP type element (not the HTML editor). Then create a jsp file which includes the HTML editor and the initial table that you want. Within this JSP file you can include logic for new vs. modified entry if you need to handle things differently.
0 Likes
lJack Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you very much for your help!
But now the the Problem is: How do I include the HTML Editor within a JSP-File? I can't find anything about it in the VIBE-Manuals or in the Forum. And unfortunately I have no JSP experience (and just a little bit of "vibe-experience"), so I don't know it by heart...

Greetings lJack
0 Likes
dangross Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you have no jsp experience, but at least some programming/scripting backgournd it shouldn't be a problem. The simplest thing would be to copy the file that the designer uses for the html textarea into the jsp/custom_jsps folder and then modify that copy to suit your needs. The file used by the designer is located (in Linux) at /opt/novell/teaming/apache-tomcat/webapps/ssf/WEB-INF/jsp/definition_elements/html_editor_textarea_form.jsp. To do custom work, copy this file to /opt/novell/teaming/apache-tomcat/webapps/ssf/WEB-INF/jsp/custom_jsps and then modify it and reference it from the designer. The Vibe developer manual provides some insight on doing custom jsps.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.