Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Location to add html file

I have a scrolling marquee html script that I want to add to my Vibe 3.1 site, running on Suse Linux, but the only way I can figure out how to do it would be to add the script to my default Vibe website page and then add the Element of Embedded Web Page Properties and point to http://vibe.mysite.com/myscript.html. My problem is I am not sure on the teaming server, what directory to place myscript.html file in so I can point to it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Location to add html file

I guess my main problem is when I use the <marquee> tag in my edit HTML page from the HTML Element and click OK, the <marquee> tag disappears in the HTML code. I am just trying to get a scrolling line of text across the bottom of my Vibe Landing page that can be used for company announcements, etc. Since the HTML Element erases it when I try to save it, I was going to just use the Embedded Web Page Element and point to the link as a subfolder on my Vibe site. Maybe there is a way to make sure the <marquee> tag stays instead?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was talking to another user about something similar the other day. I'm still looking into that. One way around that, is to create an entry, and put the scrolling html in that. And then, on the landing page, choose to show the entry. You may need to turn off xss script checking in the ssf.properties,
# Enable checking against XSS.
# If false, the value of xss.check.mode has no effect.
xss.check.enable=false
or the cross site calls will get silently stripped out.

But, from what I can tell, if you add an html element with certains kinds of scripting to a landing page, I think tinyMCE does something screwy with it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks. I did sort of get around it by adding my html script to a sub folder on my iPrint map page, and then use the HTML element and point to it. The only problem is our Vibe page is open to the outside world via authentication and our iPrint maps are not, so from outside our little network, no scrolling banner. I am still looking for a way to add it into the Vibe pages so I can be seen from anywhere. Thanks again for the response.

bramsey;2186854 wrote:
I was talking to another user about something similar the other day. I'm still looking into that. One way around that, is to create an entry, and put the scrolling html in that. And then, on the landing page, choose to show the entry. You may need to turn off xss script checking in the ssf.properties,
# Enable checking against XSS.
# If false, the value of xss.check.mode has no effect.
xss.check.enable=false
or the cross site calls will get silently stripped out.

But, from what I can tell, if you add an html element with certains kinds of scripting to a landing page, I think tinyMCE does something screwy with it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is how I did it, turn off XSS filtering BUT only for a few users - I forget, off hand, where the limiting of users/groups is done ... must be close in same ssf.properties.
HOWEVER, I would suggest you do the change to the ssf-ext.properties rather than ssf.properties itself. The change should then survive official patches and updates.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.