thandel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Lost settings

Hi,

we are using Vibe 3.3 with the lastest patches together with Vibe Desktop on Windows 7. After a couple of days the Vibe Desktop looses the configuration settings. Sometimes
the url, user and or the password and stops working. Is there anything we can do about this ?

Thanks Thomas
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
siguatlou Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Lost settings

Are you also using the Vibe Office Add-in? Vibe Desktop and the Add-in share account information and we have a known issue where modifying account settings in the Add-in cause Vibe Desktop to lose its configuration settings. Is this what you are seeing?
0 Likes
thandel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

siguatlou;2251275 wrote:
Are you also using the Vibe Office Add-in? Vibe Desktop and the Add-in share account information and we have a known issue where modifying account settings in the Add-in cause Vibe Desktop to lose its configuration settings. Is this what you are seeing?

Yes this is what I am seeing. Is there a workaround ? Where are the setting stored (windows registry ?) or somewhere in the filesystem ?
0 Likes
siguatlou Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thandel;2251704 wrote:
Yes this is what I am seeing. Is there a workaround ? Where are the setting stored (windows registry ?) or somewhere in the filesystem ?

The settings are stored in the Windows Credential Manager. On Windows 7, you should be able to type "Credential" in the Start menu search box and find it. Look for credentials with "Novell.Collaboration.Vibe" in the name.

We're about to release an update to the Add-in, but unfortunately we didn't discover this issue in time to include a fix. The only workaround right now is to set up your Vibe accounts in the MS Office add-in, then configure Vibe Desktop and don't modify the Vibe account in the Add-in.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Antw: Re: Lost settings

Hi,
i see the issue with the lost settings everytime i have to change my password.
Is that a similar cause?

kind regards

Gerd Zobel
The NetWorker GmbH
www.the-networker.de
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.