Highlighted
cyberfarer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mirroring NSS

So, here is what I'd like to do ...

Say my Novell home folder is /media/nss/users/cyberfarer

Now, say I've setup mirroring with onPrem for /media/nss/users

I log in as my own user, and I create a mirrored folder and point it to my own home folder, cyberfarer. The sync process will report no files unless I give read access to the user underwhich onPrem runs, wwwrun. But if I do that, then a second user through his or her own onPrem access can also choose to create a new folder mirroring my home directory.

However, the prospect of giving users access to their files, remotely, through a GroupWise interface seems too much to pass over.

Is there a way to have my cake and eat it too?
0 Likes
2 Replies
ksiddiqui Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Mirroring NSS

0 Likes
cyberfarer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Mirroring NSS

Thank you for the reply. That is very helpful. The document says: "You can list specific Vibe users who are allowed to access the mirrored folder resource drivers and thereby create mirrored folders."

Any idea where that is accomplished? I have looked and will look again, but so far I have not found that config option.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.