Highlighted
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

New feature subtasks in 3.1: insufficient rights

Hi Forum,

I can't move a task below another as a subtask due to insufficient rights.
The tasks are in a team workspace and was created by another team member.
I can edit both tasks. Only the buttons to change the order or move tasks below / above are grayed out.
Tasks are ordered ascending like describe din the documentaion.

Unfortunately the documentaion says nothing about rights to move tasks above or below....

Any hints?

Cheers,
Pascal

"Have you tried turn it off and on again?"
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New feature subtasks in 3.1: insufficient rights

Hi,

i need the right called
"Modify, Move, or Delete Folders and Workspaces"
which is _not_ default in the team member role.
With the default rights only a workspace / folder admin or the owner can create such subtasks or modify the order.....
If i create a new role with the additional right, and assign this role to the team for a workspace, all members can move,modify and delete all folders and workspaces.
If this is not what I want, a workarround would be to modify the access control only for the task folder, which is time intense.
Is that exactly what novell wanted?

Cheers,
Pascal

"Have you tried turn it off and on again?"
0 Likes
ssmusupport Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New feature subtasks in 3.1: insufficient rights

Well thanks for being the only person to post about this. I am having the same issue too. It doesn't make much sense to have this feature and only allow Workspace creators/owners to have this feature. All team members should have it by default. I still haven't figured out how to modify just the task folder permissions, but no doubt will eventually. The way this is now, it's like a Windows system requiring administrator privileges for a user to create a subfolder on his/her desktop. There has to be a better way.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.