Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Old version of Java offered by Vibe

One of our users reported that the Java version offered to be installed when accessing our Vibe site (3.4.0 build 2835) from a workstation that does not have Java installed is offering to install Java J2SE Runtime Env 5.0 Update 17. We get this to happen when we try to select "Edit This File" on a text file in a Workspace in Vibe on a workstation that does not have Java installed. First question is, can the version of Java being offered to be installed be updated to the latest version of Java (Java 7 update 45)? Second question is, how? Thank you for any help with this.

Ronnie
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't believe the version of Java the browser is asking to install is dictated by the applet. The applet is simply compiled with a Java 5 compatibility and the browser decides how to deal with it. I believe the version of Java your browser wants to install is a function of the browser, NOT the applet.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for the response, drfoster. I tested accessing our Vibe site with Chrome and Firefox to confirm what you mentioned and Chrome and Firefox sent me to java.com to download the latest version of Java. IE9, the first browser I was testing with and the browser the users were using seems to be the only one that is offering to download and install the old version of Java. Thank you again for your help.

Ronnie
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.