ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Proble to import all my users from eDirectory to Vibe

Hi,

I have a eDirectory server with 20 users. Firstly I installed 1 vibe server (separated from edir) and I imported only 5 users. I had to change the server and I have install a new vibe server, but now I can't import the same 5 users, I can only import the rest of users, but not the 5 firsts.

Maybe, I think that Vibe "mark" the users on eDirectory, or not?

I'm using Vibe 3.3 and edir 8.8 SP7

Regards,
Tags (3)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

henryseron;2239940 wrote:
Hi,

I have a eDirectory server with 20 users. Firstly I installed 1 vibe server (separated from edir) and I imported only 5 users. I had to change the server and I have install a new vibe server, but now I can't import the same 5 users, I can only import the rest of users, but not the 5 firsts.

Maybe, I think that Vibe "mark" the users on eDirectory, or not?

I'm using Vibe 3.3 and edir 8.8 SP7

Regards,

Check the listed users within the Vibe administration (click select in all accounts in the user disable/remove section so it will show all user accounts, and not just the current active ones). If you see the 5 accounts there, delete them (assuming you don't want to keep the user history) and try to reimport.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

magic31;2239973 wrote:
Check the listed users within the Vibe administration (click select in all accounts in the user disable/remove section so it will show all user accounts, and not just the current active ones). If you see the 5 accounts there, delete them (assuming you don't want to keep the user history) and try to reimport.

Cheers,
Willem

Hi magic31,

In vibe administration I can see only the 15 other users, but there aren't the 5 users than I need. I delete this users and when I reimport, appears the same 15 users againd, but I need the other 5 :confused:

What other thing can I do?

Regards,
Henry
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

henryseron;2239979 wrote:
Hi magic31,

In vibe administration I can see only the 15 other users, but there aren't the 5 users than I need. I delete this users and when I reimport, appears the same 15 users againd, but I need the other 5 :confused:

What other thing can I do?

Regards,
Henry

Hi Henry,

Sorry for the late reply...

Just to be sure: you have checked all the possible accounts using the " Select from all accounts ". I find it a bit of a hidden option.

Administration > Management > User Accounts > Disable/Delete Accounts > Select from all accounts

Those 5 accounts are not listed in that view? If that's not the case, I'm not sure. removing the users directly from the dib might be needed, but I'd suggest opening an SR for that to make sure all related records get cleaned up correctly.

-Willem
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

magic31;2240877 wrote:
Hi Henry,

Sorry for the late reply...

Just to be sure: you have checked all the possible accounts using the " Select from all accounts ". I find it a bit of a hidden option.

Administration > Management > User Accounts > Disable/Delete Accounts > Select from all accounts

Those 5 accounts are not listed in that view? If that's not the case, I'm not sure. removing the users directly from the dib might be needed, but I'd suggest opening an SR for that to make sure all related records get cleaned up correctly.

-Willem

Hi Willem,

don't worry for the delay 😉

In fact I have checked in Administration > Management > User Accounts > Disable/Delete Accounts > Select from all accounts, and these 5 users doesn't appears there.

I have solved my problem creating the users manually, and I have verified that they are sincronized with my edirectory server, but I stay with the doubt of why occurs this issue.

I know thats works good because in the groupwise email client, the users can see their "vibe workspaces"

Thank you for help me, I have my vibe server working perfectly now 😄

A kind regards.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.