Highlighted
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Task Folder Entry: Send an E-Mail Notification to Assignees

Hi,

i created a new entry form for taks folders, based on the original form _taskEntry.
There is a checkbox called:
"Send an E-Mail Notification to Assignees"
which i didn't edit... Anyway this seems not to work with my custom form....
I can create new entries and modify them but the Assignees don't receive mails if I check this box.

I configured the task folder as followed:
* Allowed Views: Tasks
* Default View: Tasks
* Default Entry Types: "my custom entry form"
* Workflow Associations: _task_workflow
* Allowed Workflows: _task_workflow

Any Ideas where to start searching for the reason?

Thanks in advance,
Pascal

"Have you tried turn it off and on again?"
0 Likes
4 Replies
ksiddiqui Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Task Folder Entry: Send an E-Mail Notification to Assign

Any chance you changed the assignee field on the new form your created? Is there anything logged in the catalina.out file when you create a new task entry with that option checked? Alternatively, when you create an entry with the original task entry form and check that option, do the notifications go out to assignees without problem?
0 Likes
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nope, didn't touch or change the assignee field.
Also there are no new lines in the catalina.out while i create a new task.
With the original task entry the mail will be send out to all assignees.

0 Likes
ksiddiqui Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In 3.1 this seems to be working fine if I create a duplicate of the task entry and then use the select box for send email to assignee.

I went into Form and View designer > opened the original task entry definition > selected the option to copy this definition > Hit OK to generate a second copy of the original task entry form.
Went back to Form and View designer > opened the copy of the task entry definition I just created > modified the form to add some extra fields > saved changes.

I then went to a File folder in my personal workspace and configured the folder to use the copy of task entry definition associated with the default task workflow. I then used this to create a task entry and assigned it to a user in the system with a valid email address in his profile. Also checked the box to send notification to assignees.

As soon as the task entry was created, my assignees received the email notification.

This seems to be working as designed.
0 Likes
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I found the reason. In fact, novell did. Opened a SR...
In my new task form I created a own field as "description" with different data name and delete the old one. That could be a Problem while sending an email because the description will be added to the email body. I just changed the data name to "description", which is default, and it works fine again....

Thanks anyway 🙂
Pascal

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.