gehude Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Update to 4.0.1

Hi,

i wanted to update 4.0 to 4.0.1
i do everything how describe in the doku.
everything works fine till the database update

# ./manage-database.sh mysql updateDatabase
DEBUG 7/11/16 2:37 PM:liquibase: Unable to load/access Apache Derby driver class to check version
DEBUG 7/11/16 2:37 PM:liquibase: Connected to root@localhost@jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/sitescape?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8
DEBUG 7/11/16 2:37 PM:liquibase: Executing QUERY database command: SELECT `LOCKED` FROM `DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK` WHERE `ID`=1
DEBUG 7/11/16 2:37 PM:liquibase: Lock Database
DEBUG 7/11/16 2:37 PM:liquibase: Executing UPDATE database command: UPDATE `DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK` SET `LOCKED` = 1, `LOCKEDBY` = '172.20.1.91 (172.20.1.91)', `LOCKGRANTED` = '2016-07-11 14:37:13.305' WHERE `ID` = 1 AND `LOCKED` = 0
INFO 7/11/16 2:37 PM:liquibase: Successfully acquired change log lock
DEBUG 7/11/16 2:37 PM:liquibase: Release Database Lock
DEBUG 7/11/16 2:37 PM:liquibase: Executing UPDATE database command: UPDATE `DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK` SET `LOCKED` = 0, `LOCKEDBY` = NULL, `LOCKGRANTED` = NULL WHERE `ID` = 1
INFO 7/11/16 2:37 PM:liquibase: Successfully released change log lock
Liquibase Update Failed: JVMCFRE003 bad major version; class=org/kablink/liquibase/change/custom/MigrateMirroredFoldersChange, offset=6
SEVERE 7/11/16 2:37 PM:liquibase: JVMCFRE003 bad major version; class=org/kablink/liquibase/change/custom/MigrateMirroredFoldersChange, offset=6
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: JVMCFRE003 bad major version; class=org/kablink/liquibase/change/custom/MigrateMirroredFoldersChange, offset=6
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:286)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:74)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:538)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$300(URLClassLoader.java:77)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$ClassFinder.run(URLClassLoader.java:1041)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:448)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:427)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:676)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:642)
at liquibase.resource.CompositeResourceAccessor$CompositeClassLoader.loadClass(CompositeResourceAccessor.java:96)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:642)
at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:278)
at liquibase.change.custom.CustomChangeWrapper.setClass(CustomChangeWrapper.java:58)
at liquibase.parser.core.xml.XMLChangeLogSAXHandler.setProperty(XMLChangeLogSAXHandler.java:526)
at liquibase.parser.core.xml.XMLChangeLogSAXHandler.startElement(XMLChangeLogSAXHandler.java:360)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.startElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at liquibase.parser.core.xml.XMLChangeLogSAXParser.parse(XMLChangeLogSAXParser.java:98)
at liquibase.parser.core.xml.XMLChangeLogSAXHandler.handleIncludedChangeLog(XMLChangeLogSAXHandler.java:504)
at liquibase.parser.core.xml.XMLChangeLogSAXHandler.startElement(XMLChangeLogSAXHandler.java:143)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.emptyElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at liquibase.parser.core.xml.XMLChangeLogSAXParser.parse(XMLChangeLogSAXParser.java:98)
at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:107)
at liquibase.integration.commandline.Main.doMigration(Main.java:825)
at liquibase.integration.commandline.Main.main(Main.java:134)

When I start the browser to access vibe now i get this

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
org.hibernate.cache.impl.bridge.RegionFactoryCacheProviderBridge.nextTimestamp(RegionFactoryCacheProviderBridge.java:93)
org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.openSession(SessionFactoryImpl.java:637)
org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.openSession(SessionFactoryImpl.java:646)
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.SessionFactoryUtils.doGetSession(SessionFactoryUtils.java:321)
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.SessionFactoryUtils.getSession(SessionFactoryUtils.java:202)
org.kablink.teaming.util.SessionUtil.sessionStartup(SessionUtil.java:62)
org.kablink.teaming.webdav.servlet.filter.HibernateSessionSetupFilter.setupHibernateSession(HibernateSessionSetupFilter.java:92)
org.kablink.teaming.webdav.servlet.filter.HibernateSessionSetupFilter.doFilter(HibernateSessionSetupFilter.java:73)
org.kablink.teaming.webdav.servlet.filter.ResourceDispatchFilter.doFilter(ResourceDispatchFilter.java:87)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.64 logs.
Apache Tomcat/7.0.64

What can I do?
0 Likes
7 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Update to 4.0.1

To get a better view of your environment, please let us know the following:

Which OS are you running on and on what version/service pack level is it at?

Which Java JDK version are you using? Also, is this the Oracle , OpenJDK or IBM version? (easiest to post the output of "java -version")

gehude;2434007 wrote:

What can I do?

Do you have a backup of the MySQL state before running the update scripts? If so, I'd try restoring to that state and then retry the update scripts.

-Willem
0 Likes
gehude Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Willem

OES11SP2

Yes I have a *.sql file from mysqldump.

Can I now restore this dump-file?

Gerd
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Gerd,

Ok... OES 11. that is supported, though the IBM java 1.6 version seems too old to me. I don't have much experience with IBM's java other than that running on standard OES installs. So far I've only had Vibe installs on pure SLES or Windows along with Oracle's JDK.

In a recent JDK with the JCE extention is required to run Vibe 4.

The catalina.out and appserver.log should give more hints is this is an issue.... my first guess would be that you are not running on a Vibe 4 supported platform due the older IBM Java version.
I can very well be wrong on that point.

gehude;2434097 wrote:

Yes I have a *.sql file from mysqldump.

Can I now restore this dump-file?

Gerd

In any case I recommend for you to first stop the MySQL service and tar zip the current state to a backup file so you have that in case you need to step back to it.

Before doing that I'd suggest to move the current catalina and appserver logfiles away and again try starting the teaming service.

I'd be interested to see any error output mentioned in the freshly created catalina.out and appserver.log.

Could be there are multiple issues going on.

As for the database upgrade script. That will also need to process without errors. With the IBM Java in use I'm not sure what would be best here.

It might be best to open an SR and have Novell take a closer look before discussing other options....
0 Likes
gehude Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Willem,

In a recent JDK with the JCE extention is required to run Vibe 4.

I do that like describe in the Doku.
You can also see the different directories under /usr/java. But java - version says the version that cames from OES11

I attached the two log files.

And this is what I see in the Browser

HTTP Status 500 - Error creating bean with name 'sPropsUtil' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/context/applicationContext.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.kablink.teaming.util.SPropsUtil]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: PropsUtil is a singleton class

type Exception report

message Error creating bean with name 'sPropsUtil' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/context/applicationContext.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.kablink.teaming.util.SPropsUtil]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: PropsUtil is a singleton class

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sPropsUtil' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/context/applicationContext.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.kablink.teaming.util.SPropsUtil]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: PropsUtil is a singleton class
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1037)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:970)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:487)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:458)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:296)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:223)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:293)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:194)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:286)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:194)
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:1117)
org.kablink.teaming.util.SpringContextUtil.getBean(SpringContextUtil.java:117)
org.kablink.teaming.util.SessionUtil.getSessionFactory(SessionUtil.java:54)
org.kablink.teaming.util.SessionUtil.sessionActive(SessionUtil.java:100)
org.kablink.teaming.webdav.servlet.filter.HibernateSessionSetupFilter.setupHibernateSession(HibernateSessionSetupFilter.java:89)
org.kablink.teaming.webdav.servlet.filter.HibernateSessionSetupFilter.doFilter(HibernateSessionSetupFilter.java:73)
org.kablink.teaming.webdav.servlet.filter.ResourceDispatchFilter.doFilter(ResourceDispatchFilter.java:87)

root cause

org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.kablink.teaming.util.SPropsUtil]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: PropsUtil is a singleton class
org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:163)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:87)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1030)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:970)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:487)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:458)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:296)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:223)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:293)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:286)
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:1117)
org.kablink.teaming.webdav.servlet.filter.HibernateSessionSetupFilter.setupHibernateSession(HibernateSessionSetupFilter.java:89)

root cause

java.lang.IllegalStateException: PropsUtil is a singleton class
org.kablink.util.PropsUtil.<init>(PropsUtil.java:56)
org.kablink.teaming.util.SPropsUtil.<init>(SPropsUtil.java:78)
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:148)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:87)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1030)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.64 logs.
Apache Tomcat/7.0.64
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

gehude;2434119 wrote:
I do that like describe in the Doku.
You can also see the different directories under /usr/java. But java - version says the version that cames from OES11

Yeah, I wrote it unclearly.... I was meaning to say that I don't have experience with IBM's Java and versions in combination with Vibe (meaning I'm unsure in any advice on that bit).

gehude;2434119 wrote:

I attached the two log files.

Catilina.log indicates a controlled shutdown..... the reason for it is that the Vibe applets detect some issue with the JCE extention or the related configuration.

---snippit from appserver.log---
"Encryption raised an exception. A possible cause is you are using strong encryption algorithms and you have not installed the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files in this Java Virtual Machine"
---end snippit

Did you also get a warning about the JCE when running the Vibe installer?

From the catalina.log we can see Tomcat/Vibe is using (or trying to use) Oracle's JDK, version 1.8.0_92 (very recent).

---snippit from catalina.log---
INFO: Java Home: /usr/java/jdk1.8.0_92/jre
Jul 12, 2016 2:42:08 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log
INFO: JVM Version: 1.8.0_92-b14
Jul 12, 2016 2:42:08 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log
INFO: JVM Vendor: Oracle Corporation
---end snippit

I'm guessing you updated/installed the JDK during the upgrade routine? Did you also install/place the needed JCE jar's?

gehude;2434119 wrote:

And this is what I see in the Browser

Yeah... as the Vibe application does not load up that's expected. That, at this piont, has no relation with the failed database upgrade run.
0 Likes
gehude Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Willem,

I open a SR and we found the wonderful think 😮

The problem is right java-version.
The installer-teaming.sh uses java from /usr/java/latest. This is described in the documentation.
But the great script "manage-database.sh" uses the variable JAVA_HOME.

On my OES11 JAVA_HOME is pointed to the version 1.6.xxx
After I set this variable to /usr/java/latest the script runs well.
Then I reset JAVA_HOME to the default and everything works fine.

Gerd
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Gerd,

gehude;2434376 wrote:
....Then I reset JAVA_HOME to the default and everything works fine.

Cool & good to hear that it's sorted!

Thanks also for feeding back the detailed solution. B)

Happy Vibe'ing again!

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.