Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vibe 3.4 - Rights for File Lock/Unlocking

Hello,

We are using Vibe as a file collaboration, One workspace for files. We now have the problem that colleagues open, lock and edit a file. Then sometimes someone forgets to unlock that file.
We are now looking for a solution so that other colleagues can unlock a locked file without full workspace administrator rights.

At the moment all colleagues have the default "Team Member" rights, and only one has the Workspace Administrator rights.

Can someone tell me what the best solution for that is? Which right is missing to do that unlocking?

Regards
Mike
Tags (3)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mwuerzbauer,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://www.novell.com/support and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mwuerzbauer;2412884 wrote:
Hello,

Can someone tell me what the best solution for that is? Which right is missing to do that unlocking?

I assume your team members are all part of the "Participant" role.

On our system, we've created a custom role which all team members are assigned to. This role has the following rights:

Add Comments or Replies*
Create Entries*
Delete Entries
Delete Owned Entries*
Manage Global Tags
Modify Entries
Modify Owned Entries*
Modify, Move, or Delete Folders and Workspaces*
Read Entries*
Read Owned Entries

*These rights are part of "Participants" as well.

I expect the "Modify Entries" right is the key here.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello ianp123,

thanks for the reply.

After some deep testing I found out that the "Modify, Move, or Delete Folders and Workspaces" right is needed to unlock the files...
This is too much power for all the users to have. I don't want them to accidentally delete folders and workspaces.

Is it maybe possible to define a role more precise, just for that trigger?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, it's possible to make some rights more precise but you need to customize some Java classes to do it. I think there's no other way.

Regards
Pawel
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok, but that is a too deep change for us...

Is this issue maybe fixed or changed with Vibe 4.0?

Regards
Mike
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If I see correctly in code - in Vibe 4.0 nothing changed...
The code customization is probably the only option in this time.

Regards
Pawel
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Great... I'm asking myself now, are we the only company that have this issue? How do others handel this? I don't think that giving everyone admin rights is the solution??

Regards
Mike
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.