Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
cspansen Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1055 views

Vibe 3.4 Site Brand Image keeps disappearing

I have recently upgrade the Vibe from 3.3 to 3.4. I noticed that the custom site branding image which I used keeps disappearing after a few days even if I add it back.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Vibe 3.4 Site Brand Image keeps disappearing

cspansen;2278396 wrote:
I have recently upgrade the Vibe from 3.3 to 3.4. I noticed that the custom site branding image which I used keeps disappearing after a few days even if I add it back.


Hi & welcome to the forums! 🙂

That is strange (and not something I've personally seen happen), mostly as it seems to disappear after a couple of days.... Is the branding static and at top level of the Vibe site? Or is it a branding lower down in the workspace tree?

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
cspansen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vibe 3.4 Site Brand Image keeps disappearing

magic31;2278431 wrote:
Hi & welcome to the forums! 🙂

That is strange (and not something I've personally seen happen), mostly as it seems to disappear after a couple of days.... Is the branding static and at top level of the Vibe site? Or is it a branding lower down in the workspace tree?

Cheers,
Willem


It is the branding static and at top level of the Vibe site. I have change it to my company logo but it keeps disappearing using the advanced branding.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Saleschke Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vibe 3.4 Site Brand Image keeps disappearing

Same problem here:
- upgraded 3.3 -> 3.4.
- in 3.3 i configured "Advanced Branding" at the top level with an corporade image to dispay
- after upgrade the image dissapeared in branding area
- changed it back and wondering...it disappeared again...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Vibe 3.4 Site Brand Image keeps disappearing

cspansen;2278930 wrote:
It is the branding static and at top level of the Vibe site. I have change it to my company logo but it keeps disappearing using the advanced branding.


Have you tried different browsers (it might be a display/rendering issue)?

Also, have you cleared the browser cache(es) to make sure its' not a cache issue. I'll retry testing this.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Vibe 3.4 Site Brand Image keeps disappearing

magic31;2278986 wrote:
Have you tried different browsers (it might be a display/rendering issue)?

Also, have you cleared the browser cache(es) to make sure its' not a cache issue. I'll retry testing this.


Ok... It does to seem to be a generic issue with images in the branding area The branding definition itself is there & stays there - at least from what I'm seeing.
My original banding just had some colored menu boxed links to specific workspace defined, and those stay and I was not seeing issues with it.

As far as images in there, the banner image will seem to work if the browser has cached it... but if there is no cache yet the image can't be retrieved from the server.

You can check the tomcat logfile, search for specific errors on the image filename... I had some entries in a post I was writing here, with a WARN error related to the image file that apparently could not be found. But then I had cleared my browser cache in testing and my session with the Novell forums was cleared and I've already reverted my test server. (Doh) So that post never made it here... 😕


This bug seems quite related: https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=829147. It was opened against Vibe 3.3, but the OP mentions Vibe 3.4.

I'd recommend for you both to open an SR with Novell... they might already have a fix ready.

-Willem
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Vibe 3.4 Site Brand Image keeps disappearing

Update: TID 7013230 has been published : https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7013230

There is now a fix available that you can get directly from Novell. ATM the way to get it is to open a SR/call with Novell.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
preussja Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vibe 3.4 Site Brand Image keeps disappearing

magic31;2281532 wrote:
Update: TID 7013230 has been published : https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7013230

This fixed the problem for us. The issue stated that it only affected IE but we had problems with all our browsers. All is good now.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.