Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
tbowman1724 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vibe 3.4 - table of contents in a wiki?

Is there an easy way to create a table of contents in a Vibe 3.4 wiki? I want to get a technical knowledge base started and some articles will be lengthy. I've used Mediawiki in the past which makes TOC's very easy. In essence, I'd like to be able to do something like this:
Overview
Details
* sub detail section one
* sub detail section two
Contacts
External References

And so on. Perhaps with a few headings pre-formatted but also easily configurable as we are writing the wiki articles. That way someone can quickly scan the top lines of an article and jump the the relevant section.

Any ideas?
0 Likes
3 Replies
e-ebell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vibe 3.4 - table of contents in a wiki?

Nothing easier than that. Vibe does this out-of-the-box.
Just use the following syntax:

==Overview==

==Details==

===sub detail section one===

===sub detail section two===

==Contacts==

==External References==

and Vibe automatically creates a TOC for you.
By the way: you can use this syntax in all entry types (like blog entries, file entries, etc.) and not just wiki entries.

HTH
Cheers

Erik
0 Likes
tbowman1724 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

e-ebell;2334569 wrote:
Nothing easier than that. Vibe does this out-of-the-box.
Just use the following syntax:

==Overview==

==Details==

===sub detail section one===

===sub detail section two===

==Contacts==

==External References==

and Vibe automatically creates a TOC for you.
By the way: you can use this syntax in all entry types (like blog entries, file entries, etc.) and not just wiki entries.

HTH
Cheers

Erik

THANKS! EXACTLY what I was looking for.

And of course, I'm embarrassed to say but I'll throw it out there anyway, as I was testing this I noticed it is actually documented on the freaking Wiki editor page at the bottom.

Thanks again!
0 Likes
e-ebell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

😉
in your defence: yes, the syntax is explained at the bottom of the tinyMCE editor but it doesn't say anything about the TOC 😉

Cheers
Erik
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.