penderle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[Vibe 4] unread messages

Hi,

we got a problem in Vibe 4:

In a working area are some unread messages. If you click on these (in example 38 unread), a box appears with no content.

Another thing:
Is it possible to set a bunch of unread messages as read (just like in Vibe 3.4)

Thanks,
Philip
0 Likes
4 Replies
drfoster Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: [Vibe 4] unread messages

I'm unable to duplicate the problem with the blank activity stream window. I'm not sure, however, that I've matched your workspace structure and that may be part of the problem.

Questions:
1) Have you tried this with the built-in admin looking at this workspace? When they click on the count, what do they see?
2) Are any errors getting logged in the appserver.log file regarding this?
3) Please more fully define the workspace/folder structure you're using here. I'd like to know types of workspaces being used as well as the folder types they contain.

As far as marking these as read, that request has already been logged as bug#724341.

0 Likes
penderle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I can reproduce it with different workspaces. In the following case, a normal discussion was used. User A creates a thread and a comment in this thread. I see 2 unread messages. If I mark the master thread as read, the comment stays unread.
Please take a look on the attached pictures step by step (btw - is there a way to upload the pictures directly?)

http://114.imagebam.com/download/Sac1UXwmtWewJbdAgItBGw/42474/424733673/5.png
http://113.imagebam.com/download/FWM--EZO6doIq5LEGq2rCA/42474/424733674/6.png
(maximum of 4 pictures allowed...please follow the link for the picture.....)

Please let me know if you need answers for the 3 questions above or if you can reproduce the bug by following the way in the pictures.

--
bug#725341 was solved in Vibe 3.4 - but should be now reopened in Vibe 4.
At this point - should I use bugzilla as the platform to post my entrys? I got a few other bugs to submit (came after upgrade from 3.4 to 4)....
0 Likes
penderle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

penderle;2401385 wrote:
Hi,

we got a problem in Vibe 4:

In a working area are some unread messages. If you click on these (in example 38 unread), a box appears with no content.

Another thing:
Is it possible to set a bunch of unread messages as read (just like in Vibe 3.4)

Thanks,
Philip

pushing the post
0 Likes
gseifert Absent Member.
Absent Member.

penderle;2402411 wrote:
pushing the post

Have you get a answer to the question? I have the same issue with Vibe 4.

Thank you!

gseifert
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.