vineeee Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vibe LDAP user can't login

Hi,

we have problem with some LDAP users login to Vibe. LDAP synchronization find's that users but they can't log in.

There was one thread with same problem years ago and no solution https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/449628-Password-does-not-match-for-user

Very strange is when make some tests, if i put wrong password get this error log message:

2018-02-02 12:40:59,907 WARN [http-nio2-8443-exec-634] [com.novell.teaming.module.authentication.impl.PlusAuthenticationProviderModule] - [client 172.29.208.4] user username1: authentication failure: org.springframework.security.authentication.BadCredentialsException: Bad credentials

if i put correct password i get this error log message:

2018-02-02 12:41:23,417 WARN [http-nio2-8443-exec-672] [com.novell.teaming.module.authentication.impl.PlusAuthenticationProviderModule] - [client 172.29.208.4] user username1: authentication failure: org.kablink.teaming.security.authentication.PasswordDoesNotMatchException: Password does not match for user [kablink,tprincic]

any help would be appreciated!
0 Likes
4 Replies
pawelnow Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vibe LDAP user can't login

Probably there's gone something wrong by LDAP synchronization, check if this user is really LDAP user you expect. There are many possibilities what could be wrong with the user:
* user is deactivated
* user is not LDAP user but local Vibe user
* user is LDAP user but the LDAP information are wrong (cn or LDAP GUID are wrong)

If you cannot find user in Administration console or if you have Vibe 3.4 or older you can check it in database (SS_Principal table). If you can confirm that user data are wrong then the simplest solution is to delete user completely in Vibe are run LDAP synchronization again. User will be new created in Vibe and can login again.
If you don't want to delete user in Vibe (f.e. if you don't want to lose access rights) than you can fix the user data directly in database (this is a little bit more complicated so I'll skip this part).

regards
Pawel
0 Likes
vineeee Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi thank you for replay. We tray all that you suggested.

pawelnow;2474895 wrote:
If you cannot find user in Administration console or if you have Vibe 3.4 or older you can check it in database (SS_Principal table). If you can confirm that user data are wrong then the simplest solution is to delete user completely in Vibe are run LDAP synchronization again. User will be new created in Vibe and can login again.

Problem stays...
0 Likes
e-ebell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We had observed strange behavior with users using extended or double-byte characters in their passwords.
Just do a quick test:
1. create a user with password containing a German Umlaut (ä,ö,ü etc.)
2. try to login with this user and see if it works and if the error message is the same
3. If this is the case ask your user to change his password to something simple for testing purposes and let him log in

Which Vibe version are you running?
HTH
Cheers
Erik
0 Likes
Highlighted
e-ebell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Any update? Do you still need help?
Did my suggestion help you fix this issue?
Cheers
Erik
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.