lire Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vibe can't connect with SQL Server on localhost

I set up Vibe 3.4 on a virtual Windows Server 2008 R2. I'm using SQL Server 2008 R2 Express on the same virtual machine. I set up the SQL Database using the create script that was included with the installation download creating the "sitescape" database on the SQL Server.

During the installation of Vibe I put in the following JDBC URL:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost\VIBE_1:1433/sitescape;SelectMethod=cursor

The install wizard accepted this input without any complaint.

When I start Tomcat with the startup.bat I get the following errors in the output and in the logs:

Error message in the output:
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Unknown server host name 'localhost\VIBE_1'.)

The following are the entries to the log after the startup:

Nov 13, 2013 2:27:24 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.kablink.teaming.spring.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/context/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.HibernateException: Could not instantiate dialect class
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1420)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:519)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:190)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:563)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:895)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:425)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:276)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:197)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:47)
at org.kablink.teaming.spring.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:54)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4705)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:799)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:779)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:601)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:675)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:601)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:502)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1317)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:324)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:142)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1065)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:840)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1057)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:463)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:525)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:754)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:595)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)
Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Could not instantiate dialect class
at org.hibernate.dialect.resolver.DialectFactory.constructDialect(DialectFactory.java:162)
at org.hibernate.dialect.resolver.DialectFactory.buildDialect(DialectFactory.java:108)
at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:148)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettingsInternal(Configuration.java:2833)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:2829)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1840)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean.newSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:860)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean.buildSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:779)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.AbstractSessionFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractSessionFactoryBean.java:211)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1477)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1417)
... 37 more
Caused by: org.kablink.util.dao.hibernate.DynamicDialectException: No dialect found
at org.kablink.util.dao.hibernate.DynamicDialect.<init>(DynamicDialect.java:115)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:374)
at org.hibernate.dialect.resolver.DialectFactory.constructDialect(DialectFactory.java:156)
... 47 more

Nov 13, 2013 2:27:24 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.kablink.teaming.web.servlet.listener.ContextListenerPostSpring
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.kablink.teaming.util.SpringContextUtil.getBean(SpringContextUtil.java:117)
at org.kablink.teaming.web.servlet.listener.ContextListenerPostSpring.contextInitialized(ContextListenerPostSpring.java:75)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4705)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:799)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:779)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:601)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:675)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:601)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:502)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1317)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:324)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:142)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1065)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:840)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1057)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:463)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:525)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:754)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:595)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)

I've re-run the install wizard and used 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost as well as the FDQN of the server in the JDBC URL. I've also an entry to the hosts file on the server. Neither have effected the error message and output.

I have very little experience with both SQL and Tomcat (practically none :D). So any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need additional information.
Tags (4)
0 Likes
2 Replies
gribar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vibe can't connect with SQL Server on localhost

I have a very similar set up for one of my dev environments. I would suggest a couple of things to try. First don't use backslashes, java tends to think you are escaping something. Second the ":1433" isn't usually needed. I don't use the express version of SQL Server so I don't know if you set this put with the SQL instance name of "VIBE_1". If you are using a name instance (rather than the default), your jdbc connection string would look like
jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost;instanceName=VIBE_1;databaseName=sitescape;SelectMethod=cursor

If you are using the default instance, you won't need the instanceName phrase.

Hope this helps,
Gary
0 Likes
lire Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vibe can't connect with SQL Server on localhost

Thank you very much for your answer. I was able to get it to work. You were right about the port and also the backslashes. The URL that worked in my Setup was jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localshost/sitescape;SelectMethod=cursor;instance=vibe_1 . The wizard demanded the format of <host/db> .
It's working without Problems now.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.