Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

webservices anonymous blog content

I'm pulling blog content from a global workarea that has allowed access from from a webservice as guest. I can pull all the details on the entry(title, description, etc), however embedded in the blog entry is an image that prompts for authentication. The image was added using Description editor UI to upload and embed. How can I change permissions on an entries images to allow for 'public' viewing without authentication.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: webservices anonymous blog content

You could do a couple things.
For these two, you may need to enable guest access in the Administration Console if its not already allowed.
1. Edit the permission for the whole blog to allow anonymous users (guest).
2. Edit the permission for that entry to allow anonymous users.

3. I don't see any existing webservices for getting files, but it probably would be possible to make one.
4. I think you could create an "extension" or "remote application" that would pull the file, and then give access control to it. It may still need to pull the info from a webservice.

Check out the developer guide, here:
Novell Doc: Novell Vibe 3.2 Developer Guide - Novell Vibe 3.2 Developer Guide

Or let me know you want detail on any of these thoughts.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.