Using one VisiBroker installation for multiple licenses
- Product Name: VisiBroker
- Product Version: 8.x and above
- Product Component: License
1. Create a directory for each user. The directories created must have the same access permissions with the [VisiBroker_Install_Dir] directory.
2. Under each user directory, create the following sub-directories:
- - bin
- - license
- - var
3. Copy the following files from the [VisiBroker_Install_Dir]/bin directory to the each user's bin directory:
- - vbroker.sh(b)
- - lmadm.config
- - lmadm
4. Copy the following file from the [VisiBroker_Install_Dir]/var directory to the each user's var directory:
- - license.ini
5. In the each user's bin directory, edit the vbroker.sh(b) file. Replace the values for the following variables to the corresponding values below:
- - set BES_LIC_DIR=[User_Directory]/var
- - set BES_LIC_DEFAULT_DIR=[User_Directory]/license
6. Still in each user's bin directory, edit the lmadm.config file. Replace the values for the following variables to the corresponding values below:
- - set installRoot=[VisiBroker_Install_Dir]
- - vmprop borland.enterprise.licenseDefaultDir=[User_Directory]/license
- - vmprop borland.enterprise.licenseDir=[User_Directory]/var
7. Each user may now register their license using License Manager (lmadm) tool in their corresponding bin directory(c).
- - Run "lmadm -i console" to start License Manager in console mode.
- - Choose  - Register using Web..
- - Note the Registration Key
- - Register the license at http://reg.borland.com
8. Once the users have received their new regXXX.txt files, the files should be saved to their corresponding [User_Directory]/license directories.
Run "lmadm -i console" again and choose option  - List all licenses to verify that the licenses have been enabled.
9. When running VisiBroker, the users should invoke the vbroker.sh(b) in their corresponding [User_Directory]/bin directories.
(a) Users will be using the same VisiBroker installation so they should be agreeable to the patch level of the installed VisiBroker.
(b) For Windows machines, the script to use is vbroker.bat instead of vbroker.sh.
(c) If users have previously registered their licenses and received regXXX.txt files, they need to re-register their licenses. The regXXX.txt files they have received previously can no longer be used in this case because of the change in configurations when running the lmadm tool.