Micro Focus is delighted to announce Visual COBOL 4.0, the latest major release and flagship solution for COBOL application development.
Visual COBOL bridges business critical systems with the world of next generation technology including .NET, JVM, Containers and Cloud. This latest release continues our commitment to customer choice by offering COBOL deployment to Docker containers.
In addition, Visual COBOL 4.0 delivers new tools for COBOL developers and support for new platforms providing our customers the flexibility and choice to modernize business applications, infrastructure and delivery process.
Visual COBOL 4.0 Highlights:
- COBOL application deployment to Docker
- Enhancements for COBOL application deployment to the Java Virtual Machine
- New tools for COBOL developers including the latest IDE updates for Visual Studio and Eclipse
- Patented reversible debugging tools for Intel Linux platforms
- Support for the latest releases of operating systems platforms
- Over 100 customer requested fixes and enhancements
For further details, see the updated product pages, solution brochure and datasheet.
Take a closer look at the Visual COBOL launch webinar for a closer look at this release including two NEW demonstrations.
- The Micro Focus COBOL Team
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.