Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

30-dat trial download of Visual COBOL. question

I just received my 30-trial download of Visual COBOL on 7/9/20 but have yet to download.  When does the 30-day clock start clicking?  Reason for asking is that I will vacation 7/18/20 - 8/2/20.  Is it wise to wait until I return to download the trial Visual COBOL?   Thank you.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The 30 days starts after you install the product and license it. You can download it now and write down the license key so that you can install it later.

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Thank you for the prompt reply.

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi @Chris Glazier 

With Visual COBOL on Azure trial, I will remote desktop to Azure image on a VM. Should I use the Visual Cobol for Visual Studio 2017 or 2019 trial key?  I'm assuming since my office uses VS 2017, I should do use same.  Is that so? 

Thank you.

Jim 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I believe that you may be downloading the incorrect Trial version as the Visual COBOL Trial in the Azure Marketplace only supports Visual Studio 2019 or Eclipse as the IDE's.

If you signed up for the standard 30-day trial you can download either the product for VS2017 or VC2019 and install it locally on your computer.

If you sign up for the Azure Trial then you login to Azure and Search for Visual COBOL in the Marketplace and when creating your new VM you provide the license key that you are provided.

If you wish to use the Visual COBOL Azure Trial then you should register here.

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Chris

i have download, microsoft visual studio, and microfocus visual cobol v6, i can import a cobol project, but can not build it,, i get an erro, a file not found,, which has something to do with the build package, how can i fix? please help, im suffering,,,

andrew culotta 

phone 708-544-7808

**PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED**

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MicroFocus.COBOL.BuildTasks, Version=16.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0412c5e0b2aaa8f0' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'MicroFocus.COBOL.BuildTasks, Version=16.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0412c5e0b2aaa8f0' at

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please create a new post for questions that don't apply directly to the current thread instead of asking the question on that thread.

Can you build any project? For example can you open up in Visual Studio one of the projects in the Samples Browser and build it without a problem? Open the Samples browser from the Micro Focus Visual COBOL group on the start menu and select "Classis" in the left hand pane and in the right hand pane select ADISDemo and open it in Visual Studio. Does this build correctly?

I am assuming that you are importing a Net Express project into Visual Studio. If ADISDemo builds successfully then it is most likely something specific in your imported NX project that is causing the error. I would need to see the project. Is it possible that you zip up the project folder and email it to me at chris.glazier@microfocus.com? You could also open up a support incident with Customer Support if you have a valid serial number for your trial.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.