Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ASP.net template

I do not like the standard Micro Focus template for ASP.net as it contains stuff that I don't want and can't seem to get rid of.   Is there a standard basic clear template that I can use instead? 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: ASP.net template

There is a template called ASP.NET Empty Web Application that you can select. This just creates an empty web project and you can add new items to the project as you see fit.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried that but it is a bit too far in the opposite direction.   As a newbie to Visual Studio I am not sure how to add new items to the project or even where to find them.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you are just trying to create a Web site instead of a full ASP.NET application then there is a template under New-->Web Site-->ASP.NET Web Site that you can use but I would really recommend that you take the time to explore and learn the inner workings of Visual Studio and then use the full ASP.NET Application template.

Maybe the videos here can help get you started...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.