Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Activate Visual COBOL Personal Edition

Jump to solution

Hello,

After I downloaded Visual COBOL Personal Edittion, I do have some problems with activating the free product.

After I launch Visual COBOL in Visual Studios I must activate it by entering my e-mail address. Everytime I get an error saying:

"Unable to acquire product license". How do I fix this?

- Thomas

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes I did. This is the window that occured after I got the reply from Micro Focus:

puu.sh/.../21091ba4c7.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Have you tried using the manual option to activate your free product? if os, and it still fails, can you try re-installing the software.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I just did what you wrote and i worked - sort of... I got an email from MF and pasted it into the IDE.

A new windows displayed "Your Visual COBOL trial has expired" and it's asking me to send an email in order to purchase a license. I thought Visual COBOL PE was free of charge? I had a 30 day trial in december 2014 and I used the same e-mail.

- Thomas

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm assuming that the version you had back in December was Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2013. Did you remove that version before installing PE?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes I did. This is the window that occured after I got the reply from Micro Focus:

puu.sh/.../21091ba4c7.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Do you have your answer at this question ?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
You mean VS COBOL PE the licence is for 1 year not 30 days therefore it was not that version of COBOL you installed. After that period you can apply in the usual way for their next edition of COBOL PE.
PS You misspelt edition.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.