Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Activate the free product of COBOL for visual studio

Jump to solution

I want to activate the free product of COBOL for visual studio but I receive this message. Is it a problem with the registration ?. the download is correct.

/Hans

Error installing licences. Unable to install one or more of the requested license keys

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Activate the free product of COBOL for visual studio

Jump to solution

This problem has now been fixed and you should now be able to authorize a Visual COBOL Personal Edition or Product Trial version using the products automated process.

Please give it another try.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I just tested this here and there does appear to be a problem with installing the license using the automatic process.

I will look into this.

In the meantime, you should have been sent a separate e-mail from Micro Focus Distribution entitled Requested License Keys.
You can use the authorization key in this e-mail to activate your product as follows:

Close Visual Studio if it is open.

Navigate to Start Menu-->Micro Focus License Manager-->License Management System to start the manager.
Go to the Authorize tab and paste in your authorization code from the e-mail and click the Authorize button.

It should display a message that license was installed successfully.
You should now be able to use the Visual COBOL product.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

This problem has now been fixed and you should now be able to authorize a Visual COBOL Personal Edition or Product Trial version using the products automated process.

Please give it another try.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.