Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
greiner Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Assistant for ActiveX

In Netexpress5.x is it possible to run an assistant for activeX-Components to generate code.

I don't find this Option in Visual Cobol 3.x or 4.x

I know that ActiveX is not prefered for Dotnet-Application, it must be good to preserve this possibilty in Visual Cobol

Thanks for your help

cg

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Assistant for ActiveX

I believe you are referring to the Type Library Assistant that was available from the Net Express IDE Tools menu option. I am sorry but this tool has not been migrated to Visual COBOL so it is no longer available.

Code which is generated by the Net Express tool will compile and run under Visual COBOL in native code only. The code generated is not compatible with managed code .NET applications. If calling an ActiveX control from within a managed code application you would use the managed code OO syntax and intellisense to guide you.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.