Highlighted
New Member.

Build .netmodule with Visual Cobol

Hi,

for continuous integration purposes, I would need to build single .netmodules from my Visual Cobol Classes. They will be joined in a single assembly and distributed.

I'm looking for a command like csc or vbc, that takes  a class as input and build from it a  .netmodule. Is there a way to achieve this goal? 

Thank you in advance,
    Piero

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Build .netmodule with Visual Cobol

To the best of my knowledge, the compiler and the visual studio project support does not have any support for netmodules or the use of the assembly linker (to combine them).

We do have support for dll's and project-to-project references, which allows one to reference the other and resolve any programs/classes.   Alternatively, this dll's can dynamically be loaded too.   Which is ideal for a CI environment where dependability etc.. is required.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.